X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NWR Laguna Atascosa 12/3-5
    I’m there!!!

Comment

So wild that a application with 29 Loyalty points doesn't draw but someone with only 3 draws THE CHAP!!!

Just for grins, that's 24,389 entries vs 9... To the guy who drew that with your wife, maybe stop off and get some lotto tickets too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
        So wild that a application with 29 Loyalty points doesn't draw but someone with only 3 draws THE CHAP!!!

Just for grins, that's 24,389 entries vs 9... To the guy who drew that with your wife, maybe stop off and get some lotto tickets too!!!
        Lol my buddy has around 20 points and I sent him this thread for a grin

Comment

I have 20 points and didn't draw it either

Comment

31 points is applying every year since 1990. That's dedication!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post

I thought the same thing. That's effed up!

Comment

Originally posted by cap View Post
                31 points is applying every year since 1990. That's dedication!
                [ATTACH]1063065[/ATTACH]

Still scratching my head.

But can't stop now.

We're turning away folks (with less points) who want to hunt with us 'cause we don't want to lower our point average

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                  I drew GDE for Lake Mineral Wells SP in December. Anyone else get drawn for that?

Not drawn this time. I have been there before. PM if you want some info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LVhunter09 View Post
                    I’ve hunt the doe hunt their
                    I saw quite a few nice bucks
                    I hunted mostly near the river areas
                    My favorite was the boat ramp spot
                    If they allow corn bring plenty
                    Also the boat ramp area and along the river is where they say the axis are seen
                    I never saw one but a hunter there to a poke at one

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by uncle jesse View Post
                      [ATTACH]1063065[/ATTACH]

But can't stop now.

We're turning away folks (with less points) who want to hunt with us 'cause we don't want to lower our point average
                      Thats just criminal, I gotta think you guys have the most points or at least are close to the top. Maybe they should consider auto tags to the group that applies with the most points. That is the way a true preference points system works and would be a good compromise. If multiple groups tie with the most points you randomly select one.

Comment

9/15 draw hunts

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                        Thats just criminal, I gotta think you guys have the most points or at least are close to the top. Maybe they should consider auto tags to the group that applies with the most points. That is the way a true preference points system works and would be a good compromise. If multiple groups tie with the most points you randomly select one.

Hmm. Well the tpwd draw is basically just a raffle. I prefer the random aspect. I don’t want to see a situation like Colorado where new hunters have essentially zero chance of ever getting a good hunt there. If you’re talking about a blended draw like Arizona where they have a portion go to high points and a much larger portion go to random draw I guess I could see that…

Comment

Originally posted by uncle jesse View Post
                          [ATTACH]1063065[/ATTACH]

But can't stop now.

Sucks but still shows people with less points still have a chance. We started looking at other areas that have a better odds, but if stick to only drawing Chap then still have issue of lots of applicants and minimal permits.

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
                            Hmm. Well the tpwd draw is basically just a raffle. I prefer the random aspect. I don’t want to see a situation like Colorado where new hunters have essentially zero chance of ever getting a good hunt there. If you’re talking about a blended draw like Arizona where they have a portion go to high points and a much larger portion go to random draw I guess I could see that…

I am basically just saying one group or person with the most points so blended I guess yes.

Comment

I prefer a true lottery with everyone having the same chance. I put in for a lot of hunts and my preference points get wiped out every couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by thisisbeer View Post
                                I prefer a true lottery with everyone having the same chance. I put in for a lot of hunts and my preference points get wiped out every couple of years.

The old way you gain a single point that wasn’t cubed but also could alloy to only one hunt per category and that worked alright but didn’t make the $$$. I don’t think there is ever one way to make anyone happy and also problem nationwide as other states are way more messed up then Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X