No announcement yet.

I got sprayed by a skunk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too missed this the first time, but enjoyed the laugh this morning.

If it helps all these years later, I was sprayed when I was a teenager and when I got back to the house our preacher and his wife were sitting on the porch having coffee with my parents.....all the preacher could say while laughing was that he would pray for me........My mom and Dad were not impressed!

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
      I too missed this the first time, but enjoyed the laugh this morning.

If it helps all these years later, I was sprayed when I was a teenager and when I got back to the house our preacher and his wife were sitting on the porch having coffee with my parents.....all the preacher could say while laughing was that he would pray for me........My mom and Dad were not impressed!

Rwc

That’s funny!

Comment

Everyone has one of those can't fix stupid moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
          This has worked for me. Approach the skunk slowly to a distance of 25 yards. Load a 22 LR solid bullet round in your 22 rifle. Shoot Skunk through both lungs, NOT THE HEAD. Said skunk will far more times than not, expire in seconds without spraying.
          I shoot every skunk I see and have learned the same thing, head shots cause them to stink worse than body shots and I've used everything from a .22 to a .458 Socom. There is one exception though, don't shoot them through the tail when they are running away from you. I shot one once running away with a 8mm mauser and it exploded like a grenade, must have hit the scent glands cause you could see the noxious cloud in the air.

Comment

So I have something digging up our flower beds. Me being the intelligent one, bought a live trap to try and catch whatever critter may be the culprit.
            I got to thinking about it....what if it's a skunk? Then what? I queried my buddy and asked him what he thought about the situation. He said well you ought to tie a long rope to the trap....!! Say wut? He ain't so smart...
            I returned the trap.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is epic. AC I cannot believe you thought you could release him without getting sprayed?? Did you smell skunk weeks later and think, is that me or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                This is epic. AC I cannot believe you thought you could release him without getting sprayed?? Did you smell skunk weeks later and think, is that me or is my mind playing tricks on me?

It definitely lingered.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  It definitely lingered.
                  haha...when I was young, my dad killed a skunk that was digging under the house. Of course it sprayed and the entire house smelled like skunk for weeks. It was in my clothes, everything... If I opened my school backpack, the smell would come out. It was awful. Then I would think I smelled it and would ask my friends if they could smell it on me??

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    That’s funny!
                    It is now, but when I was 11......not so much! lol

Rwc

Comment

Wait...Truck Heater on in late August!?!?!? How do you handle the real winter?

Comment

Originally posted by Txfshrmn View Post
                        Wait...Truck Heater on in late August!?!?!? How do you handle the real winter?

This was in mid January

Comment

Been sprayed also.
                          Used to have a little boston bull dog she was mean as h*** let her in the back yard on day and yep you got it skunk was inside the fence. She tore out after it grabbed it mid back and started shaking it like a dish rag, well she dropped it to get a better bite it hit her right in the face. Her being the mean crazy thing she was just gritted her teeth and took it, well my wife was screaming for me to do something I'm laughing so hard at the dog, the dog has the skunk and the skunk has the dog neither is showing any sign of giving up. I grab my 410 run out and grab the dog by the back of the neck she is still shaking the skunk but finally drops it. skunk is flying through the air and i don't know how but managed to spray me and the dog while flying mid air. Well i splattered that skunk all over the yard wife locks the door and throws out a bottle of dawn. Me and the dog had a very cold water hose shower that didn't help.

Comment

Working...
                          X