• Time
  • Show
Clear All

67% - Wife with 2 kids in college...

Comment

Net is 73.6% of gross.

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
        Be thankful your not a single white male with no kids. Worst tax bracket to be in. My tax rate alone is around 35%

First off we have a progressive tax rate. Even at over 200k your first 200k earned is taxed below 35%. You have no state incomes tax. Your social security stops at 128500 this year so from 128500-200k you may be at 32% but that’s a blend with your lower percentage under 200k. Your gender and skin color have nothing to do with your taxes either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Average should run about 73%

Comment

Man, some of you must be doing things right to max out your 401K before the end of the year. Wish I could get half that in there!

Comment

Originally posted by nchunter View Post
              First off we have a progressive tax rate. Even at over 200k your first 200k earned is taxed below 35%. You have no state incomes tax. Your social security stops at 128500 this year so from 128500-200k you may be at 32% but that’s a blend with your lower percentage under 200k. Your gender and skin color have nothing to do with your taxes either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I noticed you forgot about the regressive deductions

Comment

I'd love to max out my 401k but unfortunately the company I work for has no match. I'd be curious on how the ones that have a higher take home percentage do it at the end of the year. My goal is to break even.

Comment

According to ADP my take home is 20% but if I do the numbers myself its about 65%.
                  Married with 1 and 11% to 401k.

Comment

I get to keep 60% after everything

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                      on good years 6% of my check hits my checking account, this year it’s at about 4%, hopefully it gets higher. Wife’s is about 65%
                      I went back and checked with outs what’s going into savings.

31%
                      ESPP
                      Benefits
                      Life
                      FSA
                      Additional withholding

Comment

No 401k, approximately 73 per cent

Comment

Maxing the SS out around June helps a lot! Feel like I get a raise. I'm at 62% after all the goodies that come out.

Comment

63%

Comment

69 %

Comment

65%
                                with 15% going into the 401k

Comment

Working...
                                X