state code - use of deadly force

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    Someone gets in my home, tries to car jack me (which puts me and my kids in direct danger), obviously hurt my kids that's his ***. Other than that I'm not taking anyone's life over something monetary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd probably shoot a guy trying to steal my Alpine.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      I'd probably shoot a guy trying to steal my Alpine.

Yo issue not mine.

Comment

state code - use of deadly force

Yo issue not mine.

Knowing nothing in life but to be legit, Don't quote me boy, cause I ain't said shiiiiit.

Comment

Knowing nothing in life but to be legit, Don't quote me boy, cause I ain't said shiiiiit.

Comment

Sec. 83.001. CIVIL IMMUNITY. A defendant who uses force or deadly force that is justified under Chapter 9, Penal Code, is immune from civil liability for personal injury or death that results from the defendant's use of force or deadly force, as applicable.

Comment

You swallows that hook, line and sinker. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by NewTexian View Post
                Sec. 83.001. CIVIL IMMUNITY. A defendant who uses force or deadly force that is justified under Chapter 9, Penal Code, is immune from civil liability for personal injury or death that results from the defendant's use of force or deadly force, as applicable.

I don't anyone is disputing the words written on paper.

Comment

Don't leave valuables in your vehicle, and don't go shooting after the fact. There's no solid ground to prove your life was in danger, and like Curt said, your attorney would hate you after they saw this tread. Now, someone enters my property when I'm home, or makes me fear for my life, that's when my life is in danger. I'm not living with the repercussions of an itchy trigger finger.

Comment

Originally posted by Skyjunky View Post
                    You can be sued for anything. It will eventually be thrown out after spending a lot of money on an attorney.

Every bullet that comes out of your gun has a potential lawyer tied to it.
                    That's why I said the "more correctly the shooter is immune from civil liability". A judge can (and should) toss the case out before it ever goes to court. It would be very difficult for the deceased family to find and afford a lawyer capable and willing to take on a case that is virtually a sure loss because of the law on the books saying the shooter is immune from civil suit. Sure anybody can sure anybody for anything. But when there is a law that explicitly states the shooter is immune from civil suit in a shooting that was deemed legal, your chances of loosing much money to a lawyer in a civil suit after legally using deadly force is low.

That being said, your statement, "Every bullet that comes out of your gun has a potential lawyer tied to it." is dead on. There's lots of things a bullet can do besides hit somebody who should've (and legally could've) been hit.

Also, I am in no way a lawyer and cannot give sound legal advice because I've got no schooling. Im just odd and like reading into law speak

Comment

You swallows that hook, line and sinker. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

[emoji28]

Comment

You enter an owners property, you get due cause. Made a call where a dude was high, entered what he thought was his house, didn't stop when told to, and took a round perfect center mass because of it. His fault? Yes! Home owner happy? No! He did what was right, and he had to suffer shooting another man because of it. Now you liberal sons who think a crook shouldn't be delt with accordingly are crazy. You have no idea what any person entering your property is capable of or what their intentions are. Don't put yourself in harms way, but sure as heck don't lay down and "see what happens!" There is no worse feeling than not feeling safe in your own home. And I guarantee if you find out the hard way you will never be able to face yourself again. Killing isn't the answer, protecting is.

Comment

Originally posted by MKH View Post
                          Don't leave valuables in your vehicle, and don't go shooting after the fact. There's no solid ground to prove your life was in danger, and like Curt said, your attorney would hate you after they saw this tread. Now, someone enters my property when I'm home, or makes me fear for my life, that's when my life is in danger. I'm not living with the repercussions of an itchy trigger finger.

Good thing about Texas penal code, you don't need to fear for your life to use deadly force.

Comment

Originally posted by NewTexian View Post
                            Good thing about Texas penal code, you don't need to fear for your life to use deadly force.
                            You, by law don't "NEED to fear for your life", but that doesn't mean you can shoot you someone for stealing your stereo. There are specific and intently worded laws in regards to legal use of deadly force.
                            Last edited by JustinJ; 02-09-2017, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                              You, by law don't "NEED to fear for your life", but that doesn't mean you can shoot you someone for stealing your stereo. There are specific and intently worded laws in regards to legal use of deadly force.
                              You are correct. But most people only think you can use deadly force only when your life is threatened, and that's not true.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                                So the guy should be killed because he stole you wallet and charged some food at Waffle House and bought gas at Valero???
                                Yes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X