Roads from Texarkana to Rockwall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roads from Texarkana to Rockwall

They are shutting my daughters school down for a couple days and going virtual. She really wants come home since they will be virtual for a week. Has anyone headed east or west bound on 30? From the Txdot maps it looks clear to Sulphur springs but wanted to hear if anyone has an input on 30.
    Appreciate any info.

No way I would try it right now. Hunt County is a sheet of ice.

Comment

Here in Robertson country, I just drove 3 miles to town. Half of it is dirt road. First time EVER I’ve seen a dirt road froze over lol!!! Skated all the way there and back. If not for 4wd, wouldn’t have made it back home.
      So, tell her to stay put.

Comment

Yep. I know she wants to see y’all, and you see her, but I’d have her sit tight. I’m S of Sulphur Springs bout 2 miles and just ran to town bout 10 mins ago. Road was a solid sheet of ice. Wasn’t too bad slick cuz the sleet was like BB’s, which helped a little. Ain’t no way I’d want my daughter on I30 with them crazies. It’s snowing big flakes sideways at the moment. My daughter is an RN at Greenville hospital, and she said it was sketchy getting back home to SS this morn after her shift, and it ain’t supposed to get better. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Haven’t got out today but yesterday I 30 was fine from Royse city to mount vernon. But with that being said today my drive way is a solid sheet of ice

Comment

Stay put......................
            Ain't worth it.....................

Comment

Hope all is well

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                Here in Robertson country, I just drove 3 miles to town. Half of it is dirt road. First time EVER I’ve seen a dirt road froze over lol!!! Skated all the way there and back. If not for 4wd, wouldn’t have made it back home.
                So, tell her to stay put.
                Same in Madison County dirt roads are iced. I drove to town earlier at 35 miles per hours. I'm in until Tuesday AM Then I have to get out...

Comment

Im on the road from that direction now. Its ice, its doable, but go slow. Im in a rig. Partner is driving. East bound 30 is bad. West is better. Its a skating rink.

Comment

Just spoke to my wifes uncle just outside of Texarkana.....22 degrees but wind chill in low teens.......i wouldn't try it at this late time as the sleet he has now will freeze pretty quick into ice! Tell her to enjoy the down time and get lots of snacks!

Comment

I’m in NE Hopkins Co., roads are solid white and slick. I’d have her stay put if at all possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X