Elk mount home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk mount home

Accidentally posted this in classifieds with a poor attempt at cleverness. Lets try it again. If you're a moderator, feel free to delete it over there. I closed it i think.

Started hunting elk 6 years ago with my biological dad with whom i had made contact with after 40 years. I dont regret who raised me or how, but these elk seasons with him and my half siblings have been a blessing.

Last year, i connected with this 5x6. Made a poor first shot from way too far away, backed out and tracked him about 3.5 miles the next morning over rough ground before a second shot put him down. It wasn't pretty and I'm wiser for it.

Anyways - 6 years on public land, over the counter tags. No giant, but Im proud of it. Dont think it fits on my wall though.
    Attached Files

Great bull, well done. Public land elk hunting is tough!

Comment

Nice!! You weren't by chance in Austin yesterday with that mount in the back of your truck were you? I saw one very similar while I was out and about yesterday.

Comment

Very nice, but what is that running across your living room??!!!

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
          Very nice, but what is that running across your living room??!!!
          Weimaraner in the back, teenage girl killing zombies in vr goggles on the left. Random teenage boys in the background

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
            Nice!! You weren't by chance in Austin yesterday with that mount in the back of your truck were you? I saw one very similar while I was out and about yesterday.
            Not yesterday.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats man, thats some good stuff. Dont thing I have ever seen a full body mount of a weimeraner before......

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Working...
                    X