Extra fees when buying a SxS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra fees when buying a SxS

Looking at buying a new SxS from a local dealership. Never bought one before not even used. Heck I’ve never even bought a 4 wheeler new either. They added a lot of extra fees to the sales price and the amount seemed a bit excessive.
    Assembly: $389
    VIT: $21
    Tax: $1015
    Reg/Doc: $158
    Freight: $750
    Total: $2333

Does that seem about right or a bit high? This was for. Ranger 1000 that was on the lot. Not a special order or anything.

Assembly? Doesnt it come assembled from the factory?

Comment

I think it is a way for them to make their money back after they "discount" the price. I tell them that they can get rid of the fees or I walk. If they are willing to lose a $10-$15k sale over $2k in BS fees, they can pound sand. I can find another side by side elsewhere. Just my personal opinion.

Comment

Everything is negotiable. I would reach out to Justin Spies from Lufkin Powersports on here

Comment

U can get one out of state and avoid the tax. Or use ag exempt purposes. Try to negotiate w em? I bought a new 1k polaris highlifter back in 17. Its been a really good machine

Comment

They do have to assemble them. They come in giant crates.

Comment

Try to find a good deal on used. These things have become heinously overpriced IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                They do have to assemble them. They come in giant crates.
                Telling me more! Is uncrating and removing all the protective plastic and such considered assembly? Do they have to put the tires on the vehicle? Maybe add fluids? Trying to think what else wouldnt come assembled from the factory.

Comment

I would just do the same thing I do when buying a vehicle...Tell them I'm willing to pay $X. However you want to get there is up to you.

Comment

You can choose not to pay them. I bet they reduce price.

They are not selling a unique product,,,,,,shop,,,,,wait if you have to for someone to get one in stock that they wont charge crazy add on fees.

Comment

It may be different now, but when I bought my son's SxS several months ago, no one was budging off sticker or the fees.

Comment

I know with kubota they come needing some kind of assembly. Mostly rollbars and seats on the 4 seaters. Just rollbars and other models.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Telling me more! Is uncrating and removing all the protective plastic and such considered assembly? Do they have to put the tires on the vehicle? Maybe add fluids? Trying to think what else wouldnt come assembled from the factory.
                          There are several hours of assembly, I waited/watched while they put my last one together because I had to buy it out of town. That was in the fall and there were virtually none available to purchase in the state.

Comment

Always ask for an out the door quote.

Comment

These fees help to keep the used price a smidge confusing to the buyer - “he wanted 11k for his year old one, heck I can get a new one for 12”
                              Only to later realize Msrp does not equal drive out and 12 turns into 14 down at the dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X