Coleman or Rocksprings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coleman or Rocksprings

My son is considering purchasing a place he is split between Coleman County or around Rocksprings, anybody hunt these areas ?

Rock springs for sure no question

Comment

How far is the drive?

Comment

Somewhere off hwy 41 headed to Rocksprings is a great place.

Comment

How many acres ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a small place off 377 right outside RS. Any given day I'll have 20-30 axis, several blackbuck and several whitetail bucks.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by PROD49; 09-01-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I can'r speak for Coleman but I have a place off of HWY 41 & CR 230 in Rocksprings area .. It has potential.

It took me @ 1.5 years of looking. Things that helped: Write down your goals for the land and Stick to them .. I used the site Landsoftexas.com. Some real Estate agents are like a Bad used Car salesman .. Be Careful.

Don't forget about using the Texas Veterans Land Board if your sons a Veteran ...

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                How far is the drive?
                This right here.

And do they both have utilities?

Comment

All things being equal as far an amenities and land size Rock springs... That's from a guy who hunts and loves coleman county

Comment

Depends on size of neighboring tracts and how far west of Rocksprings you get (possibility for anthrax). Large neighbors in both areas and land is in the eastern part of Edwards, I’d opt for Edwards just for the axis.
                    Last edited by TwoHighways; 09-02-2020, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I hunt both.

Coleman has bigger deer, better dove, duck and turkey hunting.
                      Rocksprings has smaller deer but more plus the chance at exotics.
                      Hogs on both.

Comment

I would take Coleman, but I like to bird hunt. In fact ,I have my place for sale in San Saba & will be looking in Coleman to get my next place. The only thing RS will have over Coleman is exotics.
                        Last edited by DUKFVR; 09-02-2020, 08:58 AM.

Comment

If it was my choice it would be Coleman.

Comment

The land in Coleman will hold its value better if you decide to sell later on. It is also better land and will receive more rainfall.

Comment

Can’t go wrong with either one. I have a place in Rocksprings and love it. I like the exotic options of Edwards county. I like the advice from earlier, write down your goals and start from their. Land is a great investment.

Comment

Working...
                              X