• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found these last week in Milam Co.

First ones I've found
    Attached Files

Comment

found another one tonight. This one still has some of the serrated edges on it.
      Attached Files

Comment

You're on em. Those are actual arrow points, unlike a lot of the dart/spear points you'll see posted on here. There ought to be a bunch more in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by fo_teef View Post
          You're on em. Those are actual arrow points, unlike a lot of the dart/spear points you'll see posted on here. There ought to be a bunch more in that area.
          I'm finding them at the base of a hill so we are going to get a tractor out there and see what we can find.

So far we have found 30-40 piece of worked flint from the top down both sides of the hill. I think there is going to be a lot to dig there. Maybe even a possible camp.

Comment

Originally posted by TCarmichael View Post
            I'm finding them at the base of a hill so we are going to get a tractor out there and see what we can find.

So far we have found 30-40 piece of worked flint from the top down both sides of the hill. I think there is going to be a lot to dig there. Maybe even a possible camp.
            Yes especially if there is a water source near by.....

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
              Yes especially if there is a water source near by.....
              The hill is in the u of a big creek

Comment

Originally posted by TCarmichael View Post
                The hill is in the u of a big creek
                sounds perfect to me..Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by locoengineer View Post
                  Is this a perdiz[ATTACH]619960[/ATTACH]
                  Looks like what used to be a sabinal.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernCamo View Post
                    Anyone know what this is? Looks like its made of iron ore. Found it in Webb County

Probably a tortuga with a missing tip. That material is fairly common in Webb Co. I have several made out of that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by masters75 View Post
                      [ATTACH]621772[/ATTACH][ATTACH]621773[/ATTACH]
                      I think a Dalton classic, meserve or maybe a reworked exhausted pedernales.....Bexar county
                      Pedernales. Right area for it and I have one very similar to it. Great find!

Comment

Assistance on Arrowhead types appreciated. Found it this evening in Robertson County near the Navasota river. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Looks like a Wells to me.

Comment

Roy D after a quick look I would have to agree, I found a Godly point in the same spot as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernCamo View Post
                              Roy D after a quick look I would have to agree, I found a Godly point in the same spot as well.
                              Not sure how old the Godly is but that Wells is 7 to 8 thousand years old.

Comment

Roy beat me to it. that's a high quality old style Wells. Transitional paleo.

Comment

Working...
                                X