Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masters75 View Post
    I understand that's what I had been told also. I wonder how far they traded to get that dark material to use for making them? Most of the artifacts I have found in that area are much lighter in color. Also if I had the tip repaired would that hurt its monetary value?
    I wouldn't get that Clovis restored. It is perfectly fine just the way it is. Clovis points are very rare to find in any shape. I will probably never find one and I have been looking for artifacts for 10 years hot n heavy...both surface hunting and tons of digging from East Texas to the deep Hill Country. Great find brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      I wouldn't get that Clovis restored. It is perfectly fine just the way it is. Clovis points are very rare to find in any shape. I will probably never find one and I have been looking for artifacts for 10 years hot n heavy...both surface hunting and tons of digging from East Texas to the deep Hill Country. Great find brother.
      Thanks for the info Johnny I have a few other I will post up when I get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalhunter View Post
        Have any idea how often one of those higher valued points are found in Texas? With a value like that I am thinking not often?
        If that one didn't have those small dings, it would be in the top 3 finest ever found anywhere. Only one has ever been found that was longer and if this one had the tip it might be the longest ever found.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          If that one didn't have those small dings, it would be in the top 3 finest ever found anywhere. Only one has ever been found that was longer and if this one had the tip it might be the longest ever found.
          That is impressive to say the least

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390146250.136047.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	24280513Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390146260.885158.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	24280514Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390146270.218501.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	24280515Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390146282.068022.jpg
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	24280516Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390146307.302398.jpg
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	24280517Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390146346.485083.jpg
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	24280518
            From Limestone and Bexar county

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              How long is that one Gar Guy? It looks like a big, classic Texas style clovis - definitely a very fine, very big example - but there are a lot of big clovises out there! the Rutz clovis is just shy of 10"…. there are two 9"+ and three 8"+ clovis examples in the East Wenatchee cache alone….. then you have the drake, anzick and fenn examples

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Found this at the ranch a couple days ago! Seems to be just a skinner or some tool, but it has a cool flute down the middle!

Comment

Almost has a corner tang look to it!

Comment

Here are a couple from my last trip to the ranch. The broken base is paper thin with real nice flaking. Going to concentrate more on points now that the season is over.
                      Attached Files

Comment

A few pieces I have found around the cabin. Just a few miles from the Gault Site.
                        Attached Files

Comment

HTML Code:
                          bump

Comment

Can anyone help me with this one? I found it near Bend, TX under about 10' of sand

Comment

Originally posted by T/Chmr View Post
                              Can anyone help me with this one? I found it near Bend, TX under about 10' of sand
                              Looks like a Kinney blade to me

Comment

I think 10' deep rules out a kinny blade.. Please take a few more pics different angles

Comment

Working...
                                X