• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    I have heard it all now....
    Better believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      Better believe it!
      What happened to LSU in the natty last year?! Did they forget they were one of the best at making halftime changes...?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
        What happened to LSU in the natty last year?! Did they forget they were one of the best at making halftime changes...?
        They changed....into something worse... but its still a change...and they did it well.

Comment

I am kin to Bear and I am a Bama Fan when not playing the Ags, but this one is a game to be played. I went to ATM so I am pulling for them.

Keys for me to success:

Ags- cant turn ball over
          - cant miss field goals
          - lock down man coverage on the outside so we can load the box and prevent the run and deep ball. Bama throws that deep ball and opens up the run and runs well.
          - not abandon the run game like we did against LSU.

Also, I think that if we can get a couple first downs and keep Bama from making personel changes on D, we can wear down some of the big boys and move the ball. Have to keep Saban from being able to call in defenses on each play and make the players call the D.

I expect Bama to win, but I think the ags have the best chance to beat them over any team they played, including LSU...only because they know what to expect from LSU, but haven't played a system like the ags!

Comment

IMO , the game will come down to two important numbers

90 and 90

A&M needs to run 90+ offensive plays and Manziel needs to rush for 90 yards if they have a chance of winning . #2 can definitely beat you with his feet as both FLA and LSU contained him with 60 yds and 27 yds respectively .

Anything less and the Crimsom Pachyderms will come out victorious.

ALA was exposed v. LSU as the defense spent way to much time on the field .... 86 plays.

Saban teams are very disciplined as the Aggies have no room for error

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 11-08-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Kool Aid drinker here.

Ags jump out to quick start with JFF. Bama will make adjustments and take away the easy stuff. Balance for the ags will be key. Second half offense adjustments haven't been good this year against top teams.

Bama's size and depth concern me. Ags are paper thin on the D side - play with heart but backups are not good when injury happens. Pace of play for Ags is key - keep Bama winded and minimize substitutions.

Gotta pick my Ags but a low % chance of winning this one.

Comment

This makes sense except A&M hasn’t been very good at forcing turnovers this year and only has one in the last four weeks and that was against Miss St., last week. Bama has forced 23 turnovers and lost 8 fumbles versus the Aggies forcing 8 turnovers to their 15 they have given up. If anyone is a ball hog in this game, it's Bama. Bama is also the 2nd best defense in the nation, giving up 229 yards per game.
                You're right about the numbers but this is a case where numbers don't tell the story. The turn overs have been in streaks and that's to be expected from a freshman quarterback who at times felt like he had to win the game by himself. But if you look at the turn overs in the LSU game you see only one that was truly Manziels fault. Now they happened and the still caused us to lose the game so I'm not wiping them off the board, just making the point.

On the other side of the ball, we have caused man drops and batted balls that fell out of DB's hands and fumbles that weren't recovered. So the defense is causing balls to come lose they just haven't bounced their way yet.

All that being said, you are right that turn over haven't gone our way a lot of the time and they will need to for us to win this game. And yes, quarterback pressure in both sacks and hurries will help a lot in that. Keep an eye on #94 Demontre Moore, many close to the program say he's going to be better than Von Miller, who is a close friend and mentor to him still.

One final thing, this team believes that they should have won against Florida and LSU and it was their own mistakes that allowed those teams to win. They believe that if they fix those they can beat Alabama. They aren't going in wide eyed and expecting a loss.

Comment

I'm curious too how Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Auburn, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas etc etc are considered good at making halftime adjustments since they are "SEC"??

From what I see.....Alabama, LSU (sometimes), Georgia (sometimes) and maybe Florida (sometimes) make good adjustments and once again we have a blanket conference statement...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    You're right about the numbers but this is a case where numbers don't tell the story. The turn overs have been in streaks and that's to be expected from a freshman quarterback who at times felt like he had to win the game by himself. But if you look at the turn overs in the LSU game you see only one that was truly Manziels fault. Now they happened and the still caused us to lose the game so I'm not wiping them off the board, just making the point.

On the other side of the ball, we have caused man drops and batted balls that fell out of DB's hands and fumbles that weren't recovered. So the defense is causing balls to come lose they just haven't bounced their way yet.

All that being said, you are right that turn over haven't gone our way a lot of the time and they will need to for us to win this game. And yes, quarterback pressure in both sacks and hurries will help a lot in that. Keep an eye on #94 Demontre Moore, many close to the program say he's going to be better than Von Miller, who is a close friend and mentor to him still.

One final thing, this team believes that they should have won against Florida and LSU and it was their own mistakes that allowed those teams to win. They believe that if they fix those they can beat Alabama. They aren't going in wide eyed and expecting a loss.
                    Great post and yes...Moore is a stud!

Comment

Johnny Football will throw two or three interceptions. Bama is big and fast. I'm with one of the other posters, I hope he doesn't get a broken leg.

Comment

Originally posted by david8017 View Post
                        Dude, use your imagination. The word cant be posted on this forum
                        And therefore, IMO, lacks class.
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

27-20 Alabama win's it, and we miss 2 FG's

Comment

I hope the aggies pull it off

Comment

Does AJ make it though the season without a pick?

Maybe this is his game to slip up.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chad C;6153520]What happened to LSU in the natty last year?! Did they forget they were one of the best at making halftime changes...?[/QUOTE They were there and BAMA was better....A&M will get a taste of what happened to 'em.

Comment

Working...
                                X