Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crc View Post
    You’re projecting so hard rat nao
    Speaking of incoherent....why don't you go back to your question you keep repeating. At least you can get that one right.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      Apples to oranges and not very well thought out argument. The winter kills the weak animals up there, down here they eat corn all winter and continue to spread the disease around the protein cooler.
      Sure seems they feed them well in the basin outside of Jackson hole. Least they did last winter.

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
        Sure seems they feed them well in the basin outside of Jackson hole. Least they did last winter.
        Not to mention piling into every alfalfa field around and elk using the same water holes ect.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
          Lol. As with most if it doesn't fit your narrative then it's not well thought out or comparable.

How long does it take cwd to kill am infected animal? I'm not an expert by any means but from what I've read can take years. Most of the studies/research has been done up north where CWD has been prevalent for years. Hasn't slowed hunting down one bit up there as we all can see that.
          So those weak animal your say die during the winter obviously don't die the first winter they contract it.. once again according to the researches. So can still be spread among other animal can still be eaten by hunters who have no idea the animal may be infected.

Just because it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean it's not the truth of the matter. Cwd has been in those states for years and years. There's still a ton of animal there and hunting numbers have only gone up.
          lol you use these words like narrative trying to gain some credibility, Psaki used to do that all the time. The winter is brutal and plenty of perfectly healthy animals succumb, CWD infected animals die at a high rate up there so they naturally don't spread it nearly as much as down here so your odds of eating an infected animal stay constant and stay lower, it's basic common sense.
          Last edited by justletmein; 09-27-2022, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Lol. As with most if it doesn't fit your narrative then it's not well thought out or comparable.

How long does it take cwd to kill am infected animal? I'm not an expert by any means but from what I've read can take years. Most of the studies/research has been done up north where CWD has been prevalent for years. Hasn't slowed hunting down one bit up there as we all can see that.
            So those weak animal your say die during the winter obviously don't die the first winter they contract it.. once again according to the researches. So can still be spread among other animal can still be eaten by hunters who have no idea the animal may be infected.

Just because it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean it's not the truth of the matter. Cwd has been in those states for years and years. There's still a ton of animal there and hunting numbers have only gone up.
            Hey guys, he’s not downplaying CWD lol

Comment

lol you use these words like narrative as if you know what they mean. The winter is brutal and plenty of perfectly healthy animals succumb, CWD infected animals die at a high rate up there so they naturally don't spread it nearly as much as down here so your odds of eating an infected animal stay constant and stay lower, it's basic common sense.
              Hey I got a HS diploma!

Go read some studies nearly every one I've seen has said it usually takes years for an animal to die from cwd. Again not my words that's coming from the researches I've seen. Once again most of the studies on cwd come from northern states... you know where those brutal winters are. So just going by what the researchers have said. I would imagine they may have a little insight on cwd.
              I'd say right now you'd have a much higher chance of eating a cwd positive animal up north where it's been for years and years. Where they find find multiple free range animals that are positive every year than you do here in Texas. The future could prove to be different but nobody knows that.
              Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 09-27-2022, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Hey I got a HS diploma!

Go read some studies nearly every one I've seen has said it usually takes years for an animal to die from cwd. Again not my words that's coming from the researches I've seen. Once again most of the studies on cwd come from northern states... you know where those brutal winters are. So just going by what the researchers have said. I would imagine they may have a little insight on cwd.
                I'd say right now you'd have a much higher chance of eating a cwd positive animal up north where it's been for years and years. Where they find find multiple free range animals that are positive every year than you do here in Texas. The future could prove to be different but nobody knows that.
                lol right on

I think the confusion here is that weak animals dying of winter kill aren't dying from CWD, so they don't show in the studies as CWD deaths they're just winter kill. What I'm suggesting is that animals never get the chance to die from the disease due to the brutal winters for exactly the reason you say, it takes years to even start displaying symptoms. Even if I eat an infected animal from there it's likely to be in super early stages and considerably more palatable than down here where I can kill one in advanced stages due to an easy environment and lots of available feed handed to them. In addition the disease is much more likely to take off to an uncontrollable level because of this as well as our addiction to concentrating the animals at feed sources and end up financially hurting the hunting industry and everyone who profits from it.

Comment

lol right on

I think the confusion here is that weak animals dying of winter kill aren't dying from CWD, so they don't show in the studies as CWD deaths they're just winter kill. What I'm suggesting is that animals never get the chance to die from the disease due to the brutal winters for exactly the reason you say, it takes years to even start displaying symptoms. Even if I eat an infected animal from there it's likely to be in super early stages and considerably more palatable than down here where I can kill one in advanced stages due to an easy environment and lots of available feed handed to them. In addition the disease is much more likely to take off to an uncontrollable level because of this as well as our addiction to concentrating the animals at feed sources and end up financially hurting the hunting industry and everyone who profits from it.
                  It's very well could but none of us know what it will do here or the impact it could have. Hopefully we don't have to find out I'm just saying it hasn't had that impact on states where it's been for a long time. Doesn't scare people away doesn't keep people from eating them. They hunt just the same as they always have and have more numbers than ever.
                  Your theory could be a sound one and right on the money. I'm just going by what I've read on the disease. I know we have a member here who hunts a property that is next door to a place that has cwd and has had it for years. May even be a testing/research facility. They still hunt eat the elk they kill.

I'm not a breeder don't have friends or family that are. I'm just not going condemn one group because of what others say or place blame on. They are following the laws it seems and highly doubt anyone of them want cwd or want to spread it.
                  Last edited by bloodtrailer28; 09-27-2022, 04:24 PM.

Comment

It's very well could but none of us know what it will do here or the impact it could have. Hopefully we don't have to find out I'm just saying it hasn't had that impact on states where it's been for a long time. Doesn't scare people away doesn't keep people from eating them. They hunt just the same as they always have and have more numbers than ever.
                    Your theory could be a sound one and right on the money. I'm just going by what I've read on the disease. I know we have a member here who hunts a property that is next door to a place that has cwd and has had it for years. May even be a testing/research facility. They still hunt eat the elk they kill.

I'm not a breeder don't have friends or family that are. I'm just not going condemn one group because of what others say or place blame on. They are following the laws it seems and highly doubt anyone of them want cwd or want to spread it.
                    Yeah that's WyTex, they're pretty heavily versed on the whole thing as well and have quite a bit of contact with those in the know up there.

I can tell you this, last year Lake Amistad had the lowest hunter participation in a long time, 50% or so of the permits of the previous year. There's two things that changed, one being the border issues, and one being that it's now a mandatory CWD zone and every deer in that county is required to be tested and there's carcass handling rules. Every year we have a pretty big camp in which we invite people out, last year I invited all the same characters and had a pretty low turnout, one citing specifically that he doesn't want to clean any infected deer... he's worried about cutting through the spine with his knife and getting exposed to prions that way. I don't know if that's a thing or not, I know that's the last thing I do after quartering an animal up just in case and then I'm sure to wash the knife before doing anything else with it. When I check in at the CWD station those people are telling me that hunters are turning in fewer and fewer deer in that county. I ain't gonna stop hunting and eating animals, but between the border issues and the CWD zone something has already absolutely effected hunting out there.

Comment

tag

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                        Calm down little buddy. Anthrax is naturally occurring in the soil in certain areas of Texas. Really nothing you can do about it other than not buying or leasing in those areas.

There's actually been more than 50 cases. Think of it as the China Flu. It starts with one case. Someone transports it to another area. Next thing you know thousands of cases get reported in the new contaminated area. Very simple logic. Had China stopped everyone from exiting or entering their country. The China Flu would have stayed in China. That's about a simple as I can make it for you.
                        I was expecting you to reply that way. Anthrax was suspected to have been spread by feed.

CWD just miraculously showed up all on its own? Lol

Comment

lol right on

There’s plenty of high fence places in the western states feeding protein as well. Not near as prevalent as in Texas but they are certainly out there. As well as elk and mule deer breeding operations.

CWD IS an issue. I never and won’t dispute that at all.

My gripe has always been about who the blame and shots are all aimed at. As has been mentioned here many times, why are we looking into it being transported by feed? I may be wrong but it seems lots of info needs to be gathered before finding a solution. I agree with shutting down breeder stock transportation until they can accurately live test. The SAME standards need to be implemented on TTT deer and all other sectors of the industry. THAT is my gripe. I don’t like canned hunts and kick and shoot operations at all. I think it’s a sad way to hunt. But I 100% respect an individuals right to do it as it is legal.

Very similar reaction to Covid. Freak out. It’s gonna ruin everything. Shut it all down before we know anything about it. Put folks out of business. Do irreparable damage to folks affected by these knee jerk reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            There’s plenty of high fence places in the western states feeding protein as well. Not near as prevalent as in Texas but they are certainly out there. As well as elk and mule deer breeding operations.

CWD IS an issue. I never and won’t dispute that at all.

My gripe has always been about who the blame and shots are all aimed at. As has been mentioned here many times, why are we looking into it being transported by feed? I may be wrong but it seems lots of info needs to be gathered before finding a solution. I agree with shutting down breeder stock transportation until they can accurately live test. The SAME standards need to be implemented on TTT deer and all other sectors of the industry. THAT is my gripe. I don’t like canned hunts and kick and shoot operations at all. I think it’s a sad way to hunt. But I 100% respect an individuals right to do it as it is legal.

Very similar reaction to Covid. Freak out. It’s gonna ruin everything. Shut it all down before we know anything about it. Put folks out of business. Do irreparable damage to folks affected by these knee jerk reactions.
                            Fair enough brotha, respect that POV. Only thing I'd balk at is comparing it to Covid, but that's going off on another rabbit hole.

Comment

Fair enough brotha, respect that POV. Only thing I'd balk at is comparing it to Covid, but that's going off on another rabbit hole.
                              Kinda like comparing apples to apple flavored oranges

The knee jerk reaction is what I’m referring to. And strongly dislike. I do have a very good friend who was impacted significantly. I see both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                I agree with shutting down breeder stock transportation until they can accurately live test. The SAME standards need to be implemented on TTT deer and all other sectors of the industry.
                                Agreed

Comment

Working...
                                X