• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

nice pig! Congrats to him that's awesome!!!!!!I use to chase them when I was younger with a bow now I still chase them with a Thermal

Comment

Those big boars are sure hard to fool. Especially trying to get them to come into bow range. Big time congratulations to your son on successfully getting that big stinker. That's next level bow hunting in my book.

Comment

Those big boars are smart! Well done dad and Caden!

Comment

Monster!!!! Congrats

Comment

Congrats to your boy on the big pig!

Comment

Congrats to both of you, I know it was, (and has always been), a team effort ! Those moments will be in your memory bank for life !

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by patwilson View Post
                      Great Job!!!
                      Congrats...

Just out of curiosity what is his draw weight? My 12 year old daughter is pulling 38# and was wondering if that was good for a big pig. Thx
                      When he was 9 he was originally pulling 30# and we thought that would do but on the first sow he shot we found out that it wasn’t quite enough, I think mostly because of draw length . So I put his target in his room and he would shoot the target at 1 yd to build his strength while he was watching TV (yes I know some think I’m crazy but he was shooting fine at 1 yd). I would up his poundage every week or so and before deer season started he was pulling 40ish lbs and that was getting it done. Now we fast forward to him getting older and he is pulling 55 but one thing we have been doing is when we kill a hog we prop it up and shoot it. That allows him to see that a broadside shoulder shot with his bow is not effective but after taking a few quartering away shots at big dead hogs we had full confidence that he could kill a big one if the opportunity was presented.

So if you want to know if 38 lbs is enough then the next big hog that you or one of your friends shoots have her go shoot it and build confidence in her shots or at least know that she needs to pull a little more before taking on that challenge.

Good luck.

Comment

Wow, congrats to the lad.

Thanks for write up on how to build up his strength.
                        I have a 6 year old grandson wants to start bow hunting.

Comment

That’s awesome!!!

Comment

Big hog congratulations to him

Comment

Congrats to both of you especially your son. As many have said, it's not easy to get close to those big boars over 200#s. I would guess that one is around 240#s.

Comment

Sweet!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X