Deer Blind Rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Blind Rest

Any of you guys use any particular type of rest inside your box blinds to help kids or guests have a solid rest when shooting? I wasn't sure if any of you had installed any type of additional 2X4's or had any other ideas to help steady your rifle for long shots.

I don’t use it but have heard using a pair of shooting sticks on the back end of the rifle really helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I normally will put a 2x10 on the front where I think most shots will occur, and I put it at a slant down from front to back to give them a little room for their hands under the gun while resting the fore piece on the wood. I put some carpet, and/or I have sewed up some small sand bags for them.

Comment

I keep a pair of these in the blind. I also have a 2x8 shelf in the front and side windows

Comment

I keep a 2x4 cut to length that I can brace against the walls for their right elbow to rest on. (for right hand shooters) I have never had a kid miss when using this method.

Comment

I have a shelf directly under my window and made homemade sandbags out of Ziplock bags and sand. [emoji16] And I cut a 2x2 71” long that I lay across the horizontal studs on the blind for an elbow rest for my shooting arm. Works for me.

Comment

Big blinds have a small sand bag under main window...you can rest your entire gun on it if needed. If you can't be steady there you shouldn't be shooting. Smaller blinds have a sand rest that folds over the ledge. Works well but not as good as the big blind ones.

Comment

we use these https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Filled-.../dp/B019KASFI4

Comment

small flip bag for window edge nothing more .

Comment

Caldwell Field Pod

Comment

I keep a Caldwell dead shot field pod for folks to use when I hunt with them. I use them for rifle or x-Bow... It's the best I've found for kiddos just starting out. As most have mentioned in this thread, it is VERY important to not only rest the forearm on something steady/solid, but to have something to steady the back of the gun... having an "elbow" rest is paramount to accurate shooting. There are many ways to achieve this, but for a blind with enough room, the Dead Shot Field Pod is hard to beat, plus you can leave the rifle mounted at the ready so the young shooter/guest does not have to pick up the gun and bump the stand, etc. to get ready for the shot... The shooter's constantly ready if the gun is sitting in the shooting pod...

Comment

I use a Caldwell DeadShot FieldPod for my 6 year old grandson to shoot out of my ground blind. He shoots like an expert with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post
                          I keep a pair of these in the blind. I also have a 2x8 shelf in the front and side windows

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/all...ildCatid=33094
                          I’ll be going here this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                            Caldwell Field Pod
                            These are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                              I don’t use it but have heard using a pair of shooting sticks on the back end of the rifle really helps.

I have tried alot of different ways to get my kid steady for a shot. You are correct. Primos Trigger stick on the back end of the stock did the trick. Rock solid and easy to setup. Before we were using a Bog Pod tripod setup. That was too hard to manipulate in a blind to make shots. The Primos trigger stick all you do is teach them to use the trigger and lock the elevation in and your set.

Comment

Working...
                              X