New Braunfels river flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Braunfels river flow

Heading down to New Braunfels area this weekend. I saw the thread about the Frio river but can't find any information about the Guadeloupe or Comal river.

Are the flowing enough to float right now or are they too low?

Guadalupe was low last weekend lots of people walking or paddling through the deep parts. Sattler gauge was 67 last week and hasn't changed this week. I don't do the Comal but if the Guadalupe is that low the Comal is usually packed.

guadalupe river conditons, river levels, river status & local weather for guadalupe river tubing, canyon lake, texas near New Braunfels, TX

Comment

Prob have better luck floating the San Marcos

Comment

Originally posted by TxBobcat View Post
        Prob have better luck floating the San Marcos
        San Marcos had enough to float without issue when we passed through for the Water Safari a few weeks ago. I'd bet it would be your best bet.
        MZ

Comment

Guadalupe is pretty bad

Comment

Comal would likely be a nightmare this weekend. Anywhere with water will probably be packed though. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The guad is low but it ain’t that bad. The Comal is fine. On a side note you couldn’t pay me to be on either of those rivers this weekend.

Comment

Above the lake, the flow has stopped. You basically can walk to Canyon Lake.

Comment

Headed to our place on the Guadalupe, for the last couple of years a plastic chair tied to a floating ice chest is the way to enjoy it!!

Comment

Even on low years, you can still float the horseshoe on the Guad, although, it would be slow. Not to mention, it would be packed jam crowded just like the Comal.

Just bring some beer and relax.

I haven't been in a number of years, however, sometimes the fishing can be decent on low years as well. Fish stack up in the deeper areas and there's a lot less current pushing bait around.

Comment

Guadalupe is the lowest it has been in years. Very little flow and what is flowing is muddy.

Comment

We are at the Comal now and it is already crowded.... It will get completely idiotic and dangerous on this river the next 4 days... People will die.. It has happened almost every year on this 4th of July trip for the last 12 years..

We really need to move this 5 day trip to September!! I'm getting too old for this..

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                          Above the lake, the flow has stopped. You basically can walk to Canyon Lake.
                          I drove Rebecca Creek road over the Guadalupe river a couple weeks ago and for the first time in my life it was dry. Never thought I’d see that.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                            I drove Rebecca Creek road over the Guadalupe river a couple weeks ago and for the first time in my life it was dry. Never thought I’d see that.
                            It goes dry there fairly often. Goes underground above there and comes back out below when things get dry. The underwater springs at the mouth of the river are flowing good. Lake is only 3.5' below normal.

Comment

Working...
                            X