Tactacam booster antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactacam booster antenna

Doesn't look like they make a booster antenna longer than 6' yet. Covert won't fit without an adapter, which seems difficult to find. Any recommendations?

Amazon. You can get them 10’ Long. I have two of them.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 06-16-2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Here’s one of my set ups. I didn’t have any signal at all until i installed the longer antenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks AC for helping me put another dollar in Jeff Bezos pocket. Bought a Tacticam Reveal X and put out on the lease in San Augustine on the 16th of April. Immediately started getting pictures- got so excited that I bought two more but then quit getting pictures on May 2- my signal is weak. So just place an order for one of the antennas and if it works for me I guess I will need to buy a couple more.

Comment

The solar powered battery pack is a huge money saver if you don’t have one. My cameras don’t even have batteries in them. Charge stays at 100%

Comment

Thanks AntlerCollector. I think I need way more than 10' to get a reasonable signal but will give it a try.

Do you have a link or brand for the solar powered batter pack you are referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Plain Lucky View Post
              Thanks AntlerCollector. I think I need way more than 10' to get a reasonable signal but will give it a try.

Do you have a link or brand for the solar powered batter pack you are referring to?

I have 4 of these running in my Tactacam cameras.

Comment

Also the wire on the antenna wire is 10’. My camera is mounted about 6’ off the ground so the actual antenna is 15’- 16’ High. You may be able to find one with a longer cord. I got mine off Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  Also the wire on the antenna wire is 10’. My camera is mounted about 6’ off the ground so the actual antenna is 15’- 16’ High. You may be able to find one with a longer cord. I got mine off Amazon
                  EXCELLENT info - THANKS!

Comment

Good info

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you have a link to the antenna you bought for the reveal?

Comment

I bought two of these in August 2021. I set them both up at my lease in Eldorado. I didn’t have any cell phone service at either spot. Adding the antenna made it possible to get pics sent to me. It’s the best $17 I ever spent. Saves me an 8 hour drive to check SD cards.

Comment

I bought two of these in August 2021. I set them both up at my lease in Eldorado. I didn’t have any cell phone service at either spot. Adding the antenna made it possible to get pics sent to me. It’s the best $17 I ever spent. Saves me an 8 hour drive to check SD cards.

Perfect. Thanks

Comment

I bought the extended range antenna for my Tacticam and hooked it up to my camera in San Augustine yesterday- no help. Maybe someone has an idea if there is something else going on. Put the camera out the middle of March and was getting tons of pictures. May 2nd was the last day I got a picture- says I have a weak signal. Put the antenna on and still showing a weak signal. I tried walking around with the camera while on to see if I could find a spot that showed a better signal but came up empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                              I bought the extended range antenna for my Tacticam and hooked it up to my camera in San Augustine yesterday- no help. Maybe someone has an idea if there is something else going on. Put the camera out the middle of March and was getting tons of pictures. May 2nd was the last day I got a picture- says I have a weak signal. Put the antenna on and still showing a weak signal. I tried walking around with the camera while on to see if I could find a spot that showed a better signal but came up empty.

It may need a firmware update. Facebook has a great Tactacam group that can answer pretty much anything

Comment

Working...
                              X