TACTACAM Reveal XB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TACTACAM Reveal XB

Does anyone run one of these and if so how do you like it? I am getting ready to purchase a cell camera & I am leaning towards this one. The price seems good, they have good reviews, and the plan price seems reasonable.

If someone does use this model could they elaborate a bit on the setup requirements? I have ATT cell service and I have good service where I hunt. I just wanted to know if anything additional is needed to get it up and running, aside from the service plan.

Also, is it worth getting the solar panel for it? It is quite wooded where the camera will be set up. The panel would not be getting much exposure to direct sun light.
    Last edited by kingfisher_jr; 07-04-2022, 08:40 AM.

You’d be better off with external battery rather than solar if not getting direct full sunlight

Comment

Originally posted by Greylight318 View Post
      You’d be better off with external battery rather than solar if not getting direct full sunlight
      I didn't think about that but I will look into that. I only live about 30 minutes from where I will have it set up, so I don't really need to battery to last a super long time. If I could get a month or two out of the internal batteries than I would be happy.

Comment

The solar panels with internal batteries cost about $70. It will easily pay for itself because you won’t have to buy batteries again. I own 6 Tactacam cameras but not the one you’re asking about. All are very simple to set up.

Comment

I build my own external battery setup for the cameras I run in the woods with very little sunlight and they run for months with no issues. I run the solar panels with the batteries built in on the cameras I run where getting sun is no issue.

Comment

I’ve had 3 of the Reveal X cameras out for over a year with a panel that has built in batteries. None of the cameras get more than maybe an hour or direct sunlight per day and I haven’t had any issues.

Two of the cameras in particular take a lot of pictures so I wouldn’t hesitate to run another set up like those I already have.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
              I’ve had 3 of the Reveal X cameras out for over a year with a panel that has built in batteries. None of the cameras get more than maybe an hour or direct sunlight per day and I haven’t had any issues.

Two of the cameras in particular take a lot of pictures so I wouldn’t hesitate to run another set up like those I already have.

This ^^^^^. 4 of my cameras don’t get much sun but it’s enough to keep the camera going. I wouldn’t waste my money on an external battery without trying the solar panel first.

Comment

Awesome info guys, thanks. I am about to order one. Is this the panel that ya'll are referencing? It shows to have a integrated rechargeable 12V battery.
                Attached Files

Comment

I’m using Reaktors made by Elusive Wildlife, I believe I’ve seen where AC said in the past that he uses them as well.

That said, my younger brother got into the Tactacam line some months back and he went with the panel you posted. He’s had 0 issues with them.

Comment

Several of us on our place use these with the Tactacam Reveal X and they have been flawless! Got the lead for them from another thread here and I think a lot of TBH'ers use this one as well... Good thing is, they will work for 6volt or 12volt systems and are plug and play with the Reveal cameras (12 volt) AND Coverts (6volt). They come with several different cables to accommodate all possibilities...

Comment

I’m using Reaktors made by Elusive Wildlife, I believe I’ve seen where AC said in the past that he uses them as well.

That said, my younger brother got into the Tactacam line some months back and he went with the panel you posted. He’s had 0 issues with them.
                      The Reaktors work great. I currently have two of them and need two more.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfisher_jr View Post
                        Awesome info guys, thanks. I am about to order one. Is this the panel that ya'll are referencing? It shows to have a integrated rechargeable 12V battery.

Yes, I have one of these. I have 5 of the Reaktor solar panels like mentioned above. I haven’t had any issues with any of them.

The only reason I bought the Tactacam solar panel was because Illusive Wildlife was sold out of Reaktors at the time. I can’t honestly say one is better than the other.

Comment

Just bought 3 XB cameras with external lith batt/ solar. Easy to set up and Tactacam has awesome customer service.

Very happy so far.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X