Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a paint sprayer work for a house interior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless someone talks me out of it I think I’m gonna get this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cabinets and doors are different sprayer than the walls.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Prep- tape- and tape some more- Get 2 aluminum shields. Use one and hand off to go get cleaned while using the other. It’s a 3 person job to do it right. One spraying- one moving sprayer and 5 gallon bucket- one cleaning and keeping everything going smooth that comes up. Don’t try and spray thick or it’s a mess with runs. It makes it easier but it’s still painting

Thanks. I was planning on getting one aluminum shield. I will get two

Comment

I’ll talk you out of it- Get the unit with wheels and holds the 5 gallon bucket. Or rent it- the unit you posted will loose prime constantly. Maybe you could build a wagon and stand type deal to make it work though.

Comment

When you buy your 2 5 gallon buckets of paint. Get an extra bucket and mix the 2 paint buckets. Sometimes the tint is slightly different between buckets.

Comment

Y’all are full of great advice. This is why I love TBH

Comment

If it is a 1 project type deal, I would probably just rent a unit. If your going to buy, also look at the next size larger unit. Specially look at how many different size of spray tips it is compatible with. More spray tips=larger variety of projects it will handle. Sometimes the marginal difference in price is worth it. YMMV

Comment

Aren't doors and cabinets just a different chip

Comment

For cabinets a white poly will be great. It gives good color and protection.
                    But the prep/gun use is different than paint. It is also more expensive, so it depends on your budget. Prep work again is key. A good quality primer first and then white poly on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                      When you buy your 2 5 gallon buckets of paint. Get an extra bucket and mix the 2 paint buckets. Sometimes the tint is slightly different between buckets.
                      This and don't forget to strain the paint. You will be surprised how much crap is in there to clog up your tip.

Comment

You may want to purchase a paddle mixer that you use with a drill to keep the paint mixed. HD for about $15.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          Unless someone talks me out of it I think I’m gonna get this one

I’d spend the little extra and get the X5. I just did a full remodel on a 2100sf house and I bought the Graco X5. I hate painting but it made it very bearable. I’ll roll paint again.

Comment

Rent one from Home Depot. Get some big pieces of card board and practice a few times

Comment

Working...
                            X