Frio river flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frio

Been here since Monday. No flow in the river. House water is shut down at 10 pm and back on at 6am. Still some good spots on the river to hang out and cool off. My kids are all under 5 so we never float the river. We are in the heart stone neighborhood.

Comment

The rain situation doesn't appear to be getting better in the near future or the long range report earlier this week from the NWS. La Nina is still in effect and appears it will go on for several more months, into the fall and possibly winter. That means warm temps and less rain.

The Guadalupe River isn't doing very well either in Kerr County. I live in Bandera County and am on a well. I'm getting a little concerned.

The Keetch-Byram Drought Index has us at 688 today with the max dryness being 800. It ain't looking good at all.
      Last edited by SabreKiller; 06-23-2022, 10:33 AM.

Comment

This sucks! We have a family trip every year 40-60 people. My mother-in-law is in charge of the trip every year. She seems to be in denial of what's going on down there. I'm ready to pull the plug and cancel, it's Mother Nature....out of our control. We are still a month out, if it doesn't flood between now and then it's going to be a miserable time.

Comment

We are staying at 7 Bluffs in Aug. They aren't shutting off their water as they have own well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdub25 View Post
            We are staying at 7 Bluffs in Aug. They aren't shutting off their water as they have own well.
            that is assuming that well still has water...

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              that is assuming that well still has water...
              This is true. As of today, they still have water in the well. We shall see if they do in August

Comment

We did Neal’s day 1, the private frio river access day 2 & chalk bluff day 3… Neal’s was ok just dirty water, private frio access was pricey at $35 a person but it was really a nice place. A little quirky rules but he was cool with us. Beautiful place. Chalk Bluff was our first trip, crowded and crowded but it was a Saturday. I imagine during the week and less peak it would be a real cool spot. Despite being crowded it was all families that we were around and we thoroughly enjoyed our 4-5 hours in the water there. This was last weekend. Pray for rain

Chalk Bluff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^is that video from this year?

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                    ^is that video from this year?

Yeah last Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This . .

Comment

Strange for a river outfitter to be the only one reporting flow….

Comment

Originally posted by preaux40 View Post
                          This . .
                          Ahh the memories. The drunkest I have ever been in my entire life was sitting right there on the right edge of where that photo was taken.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                            Ahh the memories. The drunkest I have ever been in my entire life was sitting right there on the right edge of where that photo was taken.

Yeah. One of the weirdest phenomena that occurs is being absolutely smashed in an inner tube but not realizing it until you try to stand up.

Comment

Those people in that picture are in my spot

Comment

Any updates now?

Comment

Working...
                                X