• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are views from the 1050 bridge and from the patio at Neal’s Cafe

It’s pretty pitiful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

0.51 at the moment. Lowest recorded flow rate in 96 years. Praying for rain for the whole state. We’ve got some friends and family heading to Concan now, but we decided to go to Canyon Lake instead.

Comment

Officially at 0.00……

Devestating

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
          Officially at 0.00……

Devestating
          Wow, where are you seeing that? Terrible! We have a trip planned for the end of July, honestly not looking forward to it with no water.

Comment

Uncle sent me this pic earlier this week. Never seen it like this
            Attached Files

Comment

Dang. I’ve never been to this river because of the “never flowing water” but 0 is terrible

Comment

water, earth science, hydrology, hydrologic, data, streamflow, stream, river, lake, flood, drought, quality, basin, watershed, environment, groundwater, groundwater

Comment

Not good.

Comment

Not good. We are heading to 7 Bluffs Aug 18th. Hopefully we will get some rain between now and then. If not, I guess we will just hang by the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Zero….that’s just great. We’re heading out there this weekend. Might have to find some other things to do in the area.

Comment

Really thinking about canceling our trip end of July.

I have heard they are only having running water for 4-6 hours a day. Dont really want to have to plan bathroom trips and showers around when there is running water.

Comment

We just got back from a week there. We don’t go near “Guadalupe West” (Concan/Neal’s) due to the vast majority of inconsiderate idiots there. We stay further up stream where it’s still family oriented and we don’t have to listen to 5 different cooler stereos, playing equine caca, turned up to 10 even though the listeners are 10 feet away. We were able to kayak a half mile down river and enjoy some cold springs still producing. Did a lot of fly fishing and my niece caught her first fish (bass) on a ultra lite spinning rod and 1/16 rooster tail. There’s still plenty of water to cool off in, but the further South you go from Garner, the filthier the water will be from sediment, people, etc…. By the time it gets to Neal’s, it’s basically like a toilet bowl at this point, figuratively and realistically.

I had a good talk with the owner of the home we rented from that was born and raised in Leakey. The belief is that there is not anywhere as much runoff making it to the watershed due to all the “Cedar” (juniper) growing in the area and it makes a lot of sense. Juniper is a THIRSTY, THIRSTY shrub/tree. Unless there’s a huge rainstorm up in the watershed, the rivers don’t get recharged and the aquifer gets even more depleted. Pray for rain….

Comment

We are headed up this weekend. What would be a good watering hole to hit since it looks like floating is a no go.

Comment

But but but trees are good they turn c02 into oxygen like we all learned in school plant more trees to save the planet….

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                                We are headed up this weekend. What would be a good watering hole to hit since it looks like floating is a no go.
                                A swimming pool with chemicals if you have little kids that will be inadvertently drinking the water that will be full of bacteria. Fortunately, there is lots of other things to do in the area that don't involve getting in the river that most people don't usually do.

Hiking in Garner
                                Horseback riding
                                bats
                                drive the twisted sisters
                                Devils sink hole is not too far

Comment

Working...
                                X