No announcement yet.

Waiting Patiently!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a email saying our tech guy will be here between 2:15 and 4.
    That sure is cutting it close to beer thirty!!!

Comment

Yeah it's the third party thang! Y'all might remember the sat. tv company I had to deal with - he came right out and said if I want to pay him $500 cash upon arrival he'd bump me up to the front. Prolly got some of this going on!

Comment

I buy from the local appliance store. They service what they sell. Might cost a little more than the big box stores but worth every penny. They also tell you which models to stay away from.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          I buy from the local appliance store. They service what they sell. Might cost a little more than the big box stores but worth every penny. They also tell you which models to stay away from.
          There is only one place like this in Bryan/College Station that I can think of and they will be the first place we go next time.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
            Got a email saying our tech guy will be here between 2:15 and 4.
            That sure is cutting it close to beer thirty!!!
            Well, tech guy was a no show. Didn’t even get a notice this time of canceling.
            Went by Lowes and complained once again. Had a guy contact some manager from NC. He said we would be receiving a email to get a brand new fridge with no cost to us. I would just rather get all our money back and deal with a real appliance guy. Guess I’ll wait and see what we get.
            Still not going to hold my breath.

Comment

I just picked up a deep freeze from Lowes today. Those suckers are hard to find(over 20'). I hope I don't run into the same situation as you have.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                Well, tech guy was a no show. Didn’t even get a notice this time of canceling.
                Went by Lowes and complained once again. Had a guy contact some manager from NC. He said we would be receiving a email to get a brand new fridge with no cost to us. I would just rather get all our money back and deal with a real appliance guy. Guess I’ll wait and see what we get.
                Still not going to hold my breath.

That sounds just like what I just went through with Samsung when I bought a cell off their website. The cell was lost in shipping. The delivery company said that I didn't live at my address? I've lived here for 33 years! And never made the delivery. I tried to find their office in Ft. Worth to go pick it up in person. Turns out there is not one. They don't answer phone calls at corporate office. My shipping package was never found by the carrier after an investigation was started. And Samsung tried to do every thing they could to keep from having to refund my money. I got all kinds of promises of call backs, promises of e-mails in 2-4 business days, search for items to be "escalated", lies about it being delivered to my house (I've got security cams up). They even went as far as to change the shipping info to say such. I finally go tired and call my Credit card company that I used for the purchase. Funds were restored the following day after the CC company heard my story. I had been keeping a record of all the conversations. They make some good products. But I'll never buy anything from them again off thier website.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-16-2022, 07:59 PM.

Comment

To top it all off, we have bought a stove, washer and dryer, this fridge, and a push mower all in the last 5 years with the mower being the most recent (this year) and every time we have to go talk to somebody, they can’t find us in their system. Pretty sure we bought all those items on our LOWES CARD!!!!

Comment

Good luck...
                    All appliances are pure junk these days. Expensive junk too.. 3-5 years on a refrigerator or freezer is good. Window units are no different. I've put 3 in my shop in an 11 year time span.. You can add washers and dryers to that list also.. The days of appliances lasting 15-20 years is all but gone and Appliance repairmen are nonexistent.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      Good luck...
                      All appliances are pure junk these days. Expensive junk too.. 3-5 years on a refrigerator or freezer is good. Window units are no different. I've put 3 in my shop in an 11 year time span.. You can add washers and dryers to that list also.. The days of appliances lasting 15-20 years is all but gone and Appliance repairmen are nonexistent.
                      Unfortunately this is true. My parents own an appliance repair business and see it all the time. They have a hard time finding techs or anyone that would want to learn. If anyone needs appliance repair in dfw let me know and I can get you their info.

Comment

I had a wealthy customer who retired as an executive for one of themajor companies tell me that they would shoot for a 4% failure rate and when a product did a little better they would sell to a higher end co. Ones that hit right around 4% they would put their name on it and when it did less than 4% they would sell to lower end co.'s If it did really well they would send back to the engineers to put smaller gauge wire in the transformers and such and this was 25 years ago!!! I can only imagine with modern day greed and inflation what the percentage rate is now!!

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                          Good luck...
                          Yep!!
                          I remember when I bought my mom a microwave when they first came out, early 80’s. Paid close to $350 for it. That was a high dollar item back then. But guess what, she is still using it to this day. I also bought her a new fridge probably going on 30 years ago. I have it now as a 2nd fridge in my house now.
                          On another note, the noise that the new fridge was making has stopped. I guess whatever that is finally went out completely. At least for the time being, it still stays cold.

Comment

My parents bought a Whirlpool fridge from Lowes about 4-5 years ago and bought an extended warranty. Had some issues with the icemaker. Technician came out and told them the part they need isn't available and they don't make it anymore. Lowes sent them a check for $3K for replacement and told them to keep the fridge. My parents just kept a bag of sonic ice in the freezer and carried on. Hope they get your issue solved.

Comment

Well, spoke to soon. It quit cooling. I have the parts, if the guy diagnosed it right. Guess I can try to replace it myself when I get off work in the morning. Just don’t know where to start lol.
                              Anybody here have an idea???

Comment

what are the parts?

Comment

Working...
                                X