Oil companies have no fear it seems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
    This country is a reflection of the idiots that have been running it for the last 30 years. We have put 3 kids through college and medical/graduate school and have some nice stuff but don’t have any debt.

No 100K vehicles, and limited vacations but we live pretty well. We save a little and pay cash for nearly everything. As it always has been, what you make is less important than what you spend
    Nailed it........ All of what you said but especially what is in red...

Comment

its all part of there plan to take us to third world status and control . they want elite and poverty and nothing in between.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        Just wait until those folks up north get to pay for a load of heating oil.

There will be a lot of homes with very little heat with these prices in that part of the country.
        And remember. When heating oil production starts going up the price of diesel and jet fuel increases due to their production going down.

Gonna be cold in Yankee country.
        All I hear/see when reading this is even more free crap with the excuse of the poor people are freezing...while ignoring years of new iPhones, cars, and every luxury in history past that only rich people could afford.

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
        It's getting rough. Pretty frustrating when you are steadily investing and at the end of the month the balance sheet is showing a loss.
        100% it's just the workers paying for decades of handouts.

On the bright side if everything collapses hard people may learn again to work, save, and focus on important things (versus the BS now)

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

On the bright side if everything collapses hard people may learn again to work, save, and focus on important things (versus the BS now)
          NO. Those doing good now will be doing good again. Those sucking the govt. teet will continue to suck.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
            NO. Those doing good now will be doing good again. Those sucking the govt. teet will continue to suck.

Comment

[QUOTE=RiverRat1;16246324]All I hear/see when reading this is even more free crap with the excuse of the poor people are freezing...while ignoring years of new iPhones, cars, and every luxury in history past that only rich people could afford.

We shall see. I have never known of an oil company or refiner yet to show mercy, take iou’s, or work with the govt on anything unless it benefitted them. And, Uncle Sammy isn’t giving out any war stamps or welfare for gas.

Comment

We had 86% yoy!

Comment

I figure about August they will try to roll out another stimulus check to everyone and then “rage” a war on fuel prices to drive the price of gas down so that they can win votes by November.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    250K aint what it used to be.
                    This is especially true for those trying to get their lives going and buying homes and vehicles for the first time. Sure 250k is a lot to those who already have homes at old valuations but it’s really not a lot to get going right now. Housing is just crazy. New families will struggle a lot more than established

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                      I figure about August they will try to roll out another stimulus check to everyone and then “rage” a war on fuel prices to drive the price of gas down so that they can win votes by November.
                      What are they going to do that would have an immediate effect? The only thing would be cutting state and federal tax on fuel. Since when has the govt agreed to do that? Continuation of pipelines and drilling does not happen overnight. The best thing energy companies can do right now is stick it to the govt and prove that their policies are terrible for the economy and Americans.

Voters brains may not vote. But, hopefully their wallets will.

Comment

US refining capacity throughput pre-covid was about 19 million bpd. Today it's about 17.

Prices aren't going down anytime soon without a major drop in demand. Biden can't solve this problem before the midterms outside of creating a major depression.

Comment

I call bs on increased demand. I’m already seeing a huge difference in travel where I live not to mention in the stores. I’ve watched gas go up $.50-$.60 per gallon this week and one place I watched it go at $.50 today alone. I was on the lake earlier today and it was dead out there. There’s not more people getting on the road when gas is 4.50 a gallon and diesel is over five dollars

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            This! But everybody has to have a new car, big house, $30k SxS, etc…..

Americans absolutely have done it to themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            No truer words were ever spoken !

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                              I call bs on increased demand. I’m already seeing a huge difference in travel where I live not to mention in the stores. I’ve watched gas go up $.50-$.60 per gallon this week and one place I watched it go at $.50 today alone. I was on the lake earlier today and it was dead out there. There’s not more people getting on the road when gas is 4.50 a gallon and diesel is over five dollars
                              I’ve noticed also in the last month that less folks are right up in my azz when I’m driving five mph under the speed limit.

Comment

Much of that dip in output can be blamed on refinery closures such as the one near Houston, with the report noting that five facilities shuttered during 2021, including the Shell refinery in Convent, Louisiana. Other states that saw a refinery closure include New Mexico, California, North Dakota, and Wyoming.

Wait until the Lyondell refinery closes in Pasadena. That’s another big hit.
                                Hopefully someone buys it.

Comment

Working...
                                X