No announcement yet.

Texas state troopers must shrink waistlines in new controversial policy: report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait......I thought big was the new sexy.......even SI swimsuit says it.....

Comment

They tried this in 2019…. Suit filed and dint work if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
        In this time of many law enforcement offices being short staffed, this is NOT a good thing. We need every officer we can get right now. A 40” waistline is an arbitrary number that does not always correlate to an out of shape person. It does however sound like some attempt at decreasing the number of police available when all signs point towards food riots coming.

What is next? A 6 minute mile requirement? Where does it stop?

How about implementing these requirements on new recruits and everyone else is grandfathered in. This way, as time goes by we get a healthier police force while not decreasing the number of officers we currently have?

So grandfather the others that aren’t new hires just Bc seniority? Even though they could t jog 200 meters it’s ok?

Comment

Set a physical agility test. If a size 42 can run a mile in a certain time and can lift whatever weight per muscle who cares….

Comment

We protect ourselves anyway, they just give tickets, let them get to 400 pounds.

Comment

Past time

Comment

The 40” waist is one part of the requirement. The other part is either a 500 meter row, 2,000 meter row or 4 min row. They adjusted all the times and they are no joke now. There is no time to mess around for sure. If you elect not to row, you can conduct the Combat Fitness test. That test consists of 3 cycles of 20lb wall ball, step up, 75lb kettle bell lifts, push press and then 1 minute row. You get one minute rest and start the next cycle for three rounds. That one is no joke as well.

Comment

But "Smokey and the Bandit" would have sucked with a skinny sherriff.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                    Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. Make them do multiple physical agility tests every year. Who cares about a waist line size. If you can work you can work.
                    Best answer

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                      Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. Make them do multiple physical agility tests every year. Who cares about a waist line size. If you can work you can work.
                      According to another article about it, 213 out of 4,000 troopers cell into the 40/35” waist rules but only 2 failed the fitness test.

That is a fitness test failure rate of 1/20th of 1% or 0.0005.

Comment

In the 80's my wife and I did triathlons which of course made me get into really good shape. I was working road patrol back then and was called in by the chief for losing too much weight. He was afraid I couldn't handle myself out there. I was 5'10" and 160 #'s. I was in the Marines in the late 60's and learned how to get into shape and handle my self. Dispatch use to get a kick out of me calling in a foot chase. I wasn't fast but I could run forever,lol. Now adays not so much. Over weight 'everybody' needs to take personal responsibility for themselves,ME included. The death of my wife has really taken a toll on my personal being. I need to get my head out of my tail end for sure.

Comment

i love all the i knew a guy ate feet tall with a 42 inch waste who could kick yur butt!! lmao!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                            i love all the i knew a guy ate feet tall with a 42 inch waste who could kick yur butt!! lmao!!
                            Weird fetish?

Comment

Originally posted by BoWayne View Post
                              They tried this in 2019…. Suit filed and dint work if I remember correctly.

I think that suit was dismissed due to no one being disciplined under the rule. I believe the court ruled that you had to actually suffer a harm and not sue on theory or a claim of what might happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                                Set a physical agility test. If a size 42 can run a mile in a certain time and can lift whatever weight per muscle who cares….

The problem is this won't happen.

Its almost always directly proportional to conditioning. I never seen a 42 waist 300 lb guy in shape

Comment

Working...
                                X