Gas Station Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
    Happens all the time, nothing uncommon about that.
    Sure, and I do it too.

But it’s one thing to run in and grab a couple things and be done about the same time the tank is full, versus spending a considerable amount of time in the store.

That being said, I have no shame in getting gas at the diesel pump.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      Oops! Sorry fellers.
      About a month ago a fella pulled up in his lifted 4x4 diesel, on the opposite side of the pump I was using. He had been waiting for a car that was using that pump and he was pretty ticked off for having to wait on that discourteous gasser fueling up at the outer fuel island diesel pump. When he got out of his truck he slammed his door and then saw that my truck was a gasser fueling up at the same pump. He growled something to me about us effin gassers using their pumps. I looked around at the numerous open fuel islands and then said “Hey, buddy, if you would take a moment to settle down and look around you’d see that all the pumps have diesel “. He took a quick look and just climbed back up in his truck and slammed the door shut while his tank filled. It’s pretty embarrassing when we let our anger override our common sense. I know I’ve done enough to know.

Comment

Guilty as charged parking at a pump and sometimes not using it, BUT only because I despise parking in front of a store. Y'all want to talk about common courtesy being thrown out the window, well, try parking in the front and having a car full of inconsiderate fatties or kids slam their door into the side of your truck or park 3" away. If I can park a ways off and walk, I will, but that's not always an option.

Comment

Originally posted by ShredLikeRed View Post
          I share your frustration. When I was in the valley it seemed like 50% of the vehicles at the pump were parked and didn’t even have a fuel nozzle in their tank. I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they were paying inside but I saw them come out and hop in and drive away more times than not.

Don’t even get me started on the folks in their little gas burner that pass up the 10 gas pumps to take up the 2 diesel pumps on the ends. I guarantee they have no awareness that those two pumps are any different than the others. It’s scary how unobservant the vast majority of the public are.
          Same. And don’t care

Comment

If someone parking at the pumps is the worst problem you have in life, you’re a fortunate man.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
              Sure, and I do it too.

But it’s one thing to run in and grab a couple things and be done about the same time the tank is full, versus spending a considerable amount of time in the store.

That being said, I have no shame in getting gas at the diesel pump.
              That being said I won’t have a problem blocking a gas pump with my diesel while I take my time shopping in the store.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                That being said I won’t have a problem blocking a gas pump with my diesel while I take my time shopping in the store.
                Don’t get me wrong, if all the pumps are empty and I happen to pull up and get gas at a diesel pump, I don’t think it’s a big deal. If all the pumps are full and the easiest one to get to also sells diesel, I’m going to that pump. If it is busy and I can go to a gas only pump or a diesel pump, I’ll go to the gas only.

Same with going inside; if everybody and their dog is trying to get fuel, I’m going to gas up and move before going in. If it’s me and one other person at the store, the pickup is going to stay at the pump.

Like most things, a little discretion goes a long way.

I do enjoy all the diesel drivers getting mad because they think they need special treatment since they decided they needed a f250 to drive to the office and take the kids to soccer practice though 🤣

Comment

Gas Station Etiquette

I do enjoy all the diesel drivers getting mad because they think they need special treatment since they decided they needed a f250 to drive to the office and take the kids to soccer practice though [emoji1787]

By “special treatment” do you mean only getting to use 2 or 4 out of 10 pumps.

I enjoy dudes whose wife won’t let them buy the truck they want, whining about things they don’t understand.[emoji6]

A little self awareness goes a long way..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Dale Moser; 04-18-2022, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I enjoy dudes whose wife won’t let them buy the truck they want, whining about things they don’t understand.

Lmao!

Comment

I enjoy dudes whose wife won’t let them buy the truck they want, whining about things they don’t understand.[emoji6]

*Laughs in driving a 22 year old gasser with no truck payment… or wife
                      Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 04-18-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I think we have a clear winner.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
                          I think we have a clear winner.

I was just as close to being right as he was, even closer I bet![emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

I was just as close to being right as he was, even closer I bet![emoji23][emoji23]

Please explain. I’m a bit English-challenged.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Maybe he had to poop
                              if he "had" to, it wouldn't take 35 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                                if he "had" to, it wouldn't take 35 minutes!
                                Sometimes you shouldn’t rush a good thing. A nice peaceful poop is an important part of daily life

Comment

Working...
                                X