stay with the boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stay with the boat

most modern boats wont totally sink due to foam in the hull. this is sad. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/yo...id=hplocalnews

Wow, that’s horrible and hard to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got it. Im staying with the boat. Prayers for the families.

Comment

That's terrible news.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Needless. Wear a life preserver and stay with the boat.

Comment

Horrible. God bless Capt. Pannell

Comment

Tragic

Comment

I know some folks wouldn’t wear the old school orange vest, no excuse today. The light weight inflatable types are relatively cheap and comfortable.

Comment

And an epirb. Not doubt, 100% you’ll be alive with one and a life jacket.

Comment

Sad deal. Years ago, I worked with a guy who only had one arm, lost one in a car accident. But he, his father and some other people, I think four or five total, took a boat out past the Port A. Jetties, then went north along San Jose coast line. They were originally far enough out the waves were not that big, but the guy I knew was driving the boat, I don't think he had much experience driving a boat. He tried to run in the surf, parallel to the shore line, the waves rolled the boat over.

I don't think any of them had life jackets, but really don't remember. This was during the summer. They wound up in the water for about two days, they all survived the boat rolling over, then they all clung to the boat. The boat never sank. The guy I knew almost drowned because he had to hold on with the same arm. If I remember correctly, his father was not able to hold onto the boat after about a day and did drown. I am not sure who it was who drowned, but I think it was the father or uncle of the guy I worked with. All of the survivors were very severely sun burnt. The guy I worked with came back to work after a few days, his lips and head, ears were severely burnt. That had to be very hard situation to deal with afterwards.

Comment

That's one of my fears being out on the water. Prayers up for everyone involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X