Pallet of corn $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pallet of corn $$$

Iv always bought just bags of corn. This year I think I’m gonna buy a pallet and make sure they are stored properly...

Question is how many bags come on a pallet and how much is everyone paying. Is there any cost savings?

FYI. In only have 4 feeders I’m having to fill this year. And it will be split 2 ways

40 bags we pay 290 a pallet

Comment

40 to a pallet

Buccees will range from low$5’s to high $5’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Local store just ended their corn sale. $5.50 per bag. Regardless of how many you buy.

Comment

I'm paying 260 ton in Crockett.

Comment

Weevils will turn em to dust if they sit too long.

Comment

well dosent seem like a lot of savings I might just continue buying what I need, when I need it.. plus im not sure if I can store them all in a safe place

Comment

Depends on the place, Kothmann's in Menard is 50 bags per pallet. No discount unless you buy it by the ton from their silo.

Comment

Generally a pallet of corn is one ton, so it will be 40-50lb bags or 50-40lb bags. I have bought a pallet of corn (40 lb bags) several times from the Brookshire's distribution center in Lufkin for around $275. Didn't buy any this year because I caught the little WalMart in Nacogdoches trying to get rid of I guess some of last years corn for $3/40lb bag. Bought 60 bags and so far it looks good- no weevils, no dust, and so far only a small amount of mold in a couple of bags.

Comment

Pallet 2,000 lbs

A pallet of feed is normally 2,000 lbs, 40 fifty lb bags or 50 forty lb bags. I've been paying $5.75 a 50 lb bag at Fehner & son in Gonzales.

Comment

Originally posted by creekbottom02 View Post
                      well dosent seem like a lot of savings I might just continue buying what I need, when I need it.. plus im not sure if I can store them all in a safe place
                      Unless you can put out a pallet all at the same time, I would just do that. Get what I need when I need it. Won’t take long before the weevils be all in it. Where I get mine, I get a discount by paying with cash and another one for buying it by the pallet. It takes 2 pallets to fill all of mine!!!

Comment

Oasis Outback in Uvalde packs 50/50’s on their pallets.
                        I had them pull 10 off a pallet earlier this month and they still gave me the .50c a bag discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Dadgummit we’re getting ripped off.

Comment

I bought 2 pallets at Mumme’s in Hondo yesterday for $250 each which is $6.25/bag.

Comment

Originally posted by creekbottom02 View Post
                              If you have 4 55gal feeders @ 7 bags a feeder a pallet leaves you 12bags for hand corn. If you’re worried about weevils you’d be slinging dust from your feeders for the bags to be infested.

Comment

Working...
                              X