Dewitt County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dewitt County

Who out there hunts in Dewitt County? What are you guys seeing? Post some pictures if you can. I will be going down mostly likely this weekend to pull some cards. From what I have been told on our place most of the big bucks have been no shows. I assume the acorn crop has a lot to do with it right now.

Same here. Tons of doe and babies

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunt some family land there on occasion. I was there opening weekend. I shot one of the best deer we’ve ever had show up, but I didn’t recover it after tracking for 2 miles. Great blood trail, but landowner that had last blood wouldn’t allow a dog. Still dejected about it. Here are velvet pics of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Northern DeWitt here. We haven't seen anything to brag about. We've got one mature cull buck I am after (there's a thread around here somewhere on him) other than that, same as every other year. A bunch of 12.75" wide 3 and 4 year old bucks. Seems our bucks flat disappear once they hit 5.

Comment

Shot this one yesterday. Best we’ve had on camera so far. Not as many good deer this year it seems so far.

Comment

Deep- that's a serious Dewitt Co buck there. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by Fishinag22 View Post
              Who out there hunts in Dewitt County? What are you guys seeing? Post some pictures if you can. I will be going down mostly likely this weekend to pull some cards. From what I have been told on our place most of the big bucks have been no shows. I assume the acorn crop has a lot to do with it right now.
              What part of the county are you hunting in?

Comment

megger89......My place is SSE sorta between cuero and yorktown.

Deep.....nice buck. looks like the country close to the river bottom

Comment

I gotcha...I went to school in Yorktown and my family lives in area. If you need a processor check out Buesing Processing in Westhoff.

Comment

Dewitt has some big deer

Comment

Originally posted by megger89 View Post
                      I gotcha...I went to school in Yorktown and my family lives in area. If you need a processor check out Buesing Processing in Westhoff.

I have a lot of family in the area. Our place is off 2718, my grandmother was actually born there.

Comment

Just outside of Yorktown and we are still seeing around 15-20 deer at the feeders every time they throw. Some of the better bucks aren’t as consistent as they were in the summer but still coming through fairly often.

Comment

I grew up hunting in the arneckeville area . Dads good friend had a big chunk of land out there.

Comment

Headed to meyersville this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              Dewitt has some big deer
                              Not in our part of the county.

SE of Yoakum. NE of Cuero.

Comment

Working...
                              X