Cigar Cutter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigar Cutter?

Guess you could call this a Barn Find. It was a mess so I hit it with a polishing wheel and cleaned the blade up. Put an edge on it. Antler Handle.

Thinking it’s an old cigar cutter. Maybe not. What’s the green screen say?

If it is an old cigar cutter, what does the green screen think this would go for? Not looking at selling but just like to know what I have.
    Attached Files

Meh you see stuff like that at antique stores. 20 bucks maybe

Comment

I don’t know
      Feels and Looks pretty nice, thanks though

Comment

Almost looks like a broken larger blade that somebody tried to serrate after the fact?

Comment

I’d guess a broken blade someone tried to salvage. Probably a stress fracture from the saw back.

Comment

haha. not to side track this thread but where was that barn. I had an old broom corn knife with a handle about like that but a different blade.

Comment

Originally posted by scjeeptx View Post
              Almost looks like a broken larger blade that somebody tried to serrate after the fact?
              My guess as well.

Comment

Thanks Ya'll...It may not have started out as a Cigar Cutter BUT it is now...LOL

Comment

I like the idea, but are you able to get it sharp enough to cut the cap without it tearing or smashing the cigar? I think it looks more like a whittling knife or a variation of. But in the end I say it is what makes you happy brother.
                  At Garrett Wade, we provide fine tools made by renowned artisans worldwide. Explore woodworkers hardware, workshop equipment, and garden tools for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfshrmn View Post
                    I like the idea, but are you able to get it sharp enough to cut the cap without it tearing or smashing the cigar? I think it looks more like a whittling knife or a variation of. But in the end I say it is what makes you happy brother.
                    https://www.garrettwade.com/media/ca...rvingknife.jpg
                    It's Sharp but going to hit it with my Work Sharp 6000 Extra-Fine Abrasive Belt.

Comment

It would make a good box cutter.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                        It would make a good box cutter.
                        If it won’t sharpen it will be caulk knife......LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X