Boot Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot Recommendations

Looking to hear some preferred boot brands for the mountains. I have had Schnee's and they were good, but there has to be better out there.

I have heard good things about Lowa and Crispi. Another one that caught my eye but am unfamiliar with is Zamberlan.
    Last edited by Fargus; 09-20-2020, 07:15 PM.

Salewa

Comment

Just bought a pair of La Sportivas for an upcoming elk hunt! By far the most comfortable boot I have ever worn

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
        Salewa
        Any specific style?

Originally posted by Darton View Post
        Just bought a pair of La Sportivas for an upcoming elk hunt! By far the most comfortable boot I have ever worn
        Which ones did you go with?

Comment

Irish setter

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
            Any specific style?

Which ones did you go with?
            I went with the Nucleo High GTX

Comment

I recently posted a similar question. My husband is going to South Dakota for pheasant and wanted something other than the snake boots he wears in Texas.

Several folks recommended Irish Setter Boots, so Sexy Meal Ticket went down to our local Red Wing store (I guess Irish Setter is a sister company to Red Wing?), picked up a pair, and has been wearing them each day to break them in. He has announced them very comfortable and likes how light-weight they are. He also mentioned they have a built-in membrane that serves as a moisture barrier, which he really thinks he’s going to be glad he has.

Comment

La Spotiva Trango Cube is what I run. It’s an actual mountain boot and handles the toughest terrain very well. Probably have 100 hiking miles on them by now

Comment

Lowa. Put on and go. No break-in period and they are super comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                    I will second this. I have used my la sportivas on many trips to the mountains and they are great.

Comment

Kenetrek boots, the mountain extremes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                        Kenetrek boots, the mountain extremes.
                        Wear what the guides wear, most guides I know wear Kenetrek.
                        They are the best I have worn and I have tried most of the ones mentioned in this post.

Comment

never heard of any of these boot brands other than Irish setters ... anyway, you need good boots but DO NOT overlook proper socks, makes all the difference in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Irish setter
                            Can't go wrong with a classic!

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                              Lowa. Put on and go. No break-in period and they are super comfortable.

I have the LOWA renagade GTX and love them. Best lace up boots ive used

Comment

Working...
                              X