Simplisafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simplisafe

I recently installed this security system and I am very impressed so far. Not only is it rather inexpensive but the customer service is very good. Has any TBHs any experience, good or bad?

Love it. Use it for my business to get a discount on my insurance. The discount covers the cost of the service plus some.

Comment

I’ve been looking at these just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Comment

Just finished up setting up my dads. It’s a very good system. And had everything he wanted/needed. He swapped from vivant and said he would never go back.

Comment

Been looking into them as well. Needed a actual system to add with my ring and blink cameras

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

My experience has been absolutely horrible. I helped my mother in law out with her system when she moved closer to us.

- all batteries were dead to all window and door units except 1.

- the motion sensor would not stick to the wall with the provided 3m sticky stuff

- once up, the motion sensor, which claims won't go off due to pets, went off daily and police were called daily due to a cat setting the sensor off.

- doorbell, once installed, blew the transformer, so we had to replace that.

- once replaced, the doorbell would not stop ringing.

- after all this, they still charged my MIL service fee to tell her she needed a standard doorbell.

Comment

I’ve had two of their systems with no complaints. Love it.

Comment

Laughed at their new commercial! The spokesperson in the ski mask has it installed on the cabinet he stores his toilet paper in!🤣

Comment

I've had the system in two locations for over a year now and I really like it. The only thing to watch is if you have aluminum frame windows and they sweat at times the dang sensors will fall off then the chit hits the fan lol. I fixed that by adding a different adhesive to the window frame sensors.

I had a carpenter working on the some boards that needed replacing and his hammering set off the glass break alarm lmao. He told me that siren sure is loud.

Comment

I like ours. One piece of advice: I would put their ph# in your cell phone. The door to our garage wasnt shut completely and came open after we set the alarm and left. Simplisafe called me but I didnt answer b/c I didnt recognize the #,,,,,,since I didnt answer they sent the cops to my house.

Comment

I'm just not sold on all this wireless, wifi based security systems. Simplisafe, Ring, Nest...I feel like if anyone wanted to get in or record something, they could. I have an alarm system, but it's your basic full home system.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

We’re about to upgrade our alarm system based on a recent uptick of armed burglaries in our neighborhood. Part of this upgrade includes a hidden NVR that is hard wired into a local hard drive with CAT-5 or whatever cable they’re using now (so no wireless, no Bluetooth to be hacked by outsiders).

One of the advantages, I’m told, of using an NVR is that you can install an unlimited (or, you know, a LOT) of cameras around your house and can store a LARGE amount of recorded data (so, better than a local SD card on each camera).

But here’s my question: are cameras and recorded information all that useful? If I’ve recorded something substantive, it will have been because I’ve already been robbed. Most burgers cover all or some of their facial features in an effort to disguise themselves. So, really, is there anything significant to be gained by having cameras “everywhere”?

Comment

couple things.... NVR have built in hdd's unless your uploading to a cloud service. They are not limitless as far as cameras go. You pick the size nvr you want just like a dvr and you can "stack" them if you want additional cameras. NVR is great because ip cameras have higher resolutions but there is a give and take to that as well. You do NOT want to record everything. If someone tells you that they're most likely wrong. First you would drastically reduce the amount of days you would archive before it was written over. Also your wasting storage for non events. Set it up for event driven recording i.e. motion etc. 24/7 recording has its place but very niche like maybe a cash register at a store etc. NVR and ip cams have a much higher resolution which means it really eats up memory quickly so data is actually much more limited compared to a dvr with equal hdd space.

More cameras the better.... yes to a point. You'll see when you install cameras there are tons of blind spots. As you k ow the more angles the better. Again its a give and take... budget, aesthetics, etc.

Comment

and to you other question ... you can ask your tech to set up your system to alert, email or text you if an event happens i.e. motion and you can set that up to specific cameras and or specific scheduling etc.

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                              I'm just not sold on all this wireless, wifi based security systems. Simplisafe, Ring, Nest...I feel like if anyone wanted to get in or record something, they could. I have an alarm system, but it's your basic full home system.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                              Well, on ours, there is nothing to record. We had a motion sensor go off at 929 pm the other day. At 930, I got a call from SS telling me this and I told them to call the cops. 12 minutes later my wife gets a call from the responding deputy telling her everything is okay. The next day we drove the 160 miles to check it out and everything was okay. We reduced the sensitivity and moved it a little because we think a roach might have crawled on it. We also have a siren that is supposed to be ear piercing for seven minutes. I think this is the best system out there.

SH

Comment

Working...
                              X