Shot DEAD, 14 yards ?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot DEAD, 14 yards ?!?!?!

I had 4 doe and 2 eight point bucks in the pin.

One of the 8’s was dominant over the entire group and wouldn’t allow anyone to the center of the feeder.

The time is 7:58 and out comes a solid 4 1/2 year old 8, super wide and I’ve pretty much decided this is a shooter. My wife and I have spent all week at the lease and I know she would be excited to see this 8 hanging. It’s Friday morning and our trip is about to wrap up on Sunday morning.

The 8 comes into the pin, circles the pin and heads to the middle of the feeder. At this point I’m at full draw, waiting for him to stop and start munching. He begins and his head is to my right. His front right leg is forward and his left leg is back.

I take aim at the sweet spot and FIRE !! The buck makes a hard turn to his left and my arrow is back a bit !!

The pin is clear and they are all gone and the big 8 is on the run. I come out of the blind about 35 min later.

I have blood 🩸 and it’s super dark !! I follow the trail and it goes blank about 40 yards out. I pull out and grab a few guys to help.

A few hours later, NOTHING !!

I call for a Dog, dog comes out and he find all the blood we need. The buck jumps the neighbors fence. We have no permission to go over until the next day. Long story short the scent is great for about 180 yards and nothing.

I’m basically sick about this and feel like he’s just food for the coyotes and buzzards.

Ive played this in my mind over amd over again and am trying to figure out what the heck went wrong !! What could I have possibly done different ?!?!?! This shot is popcorn
    14 yards
    That’s nothing !!!

Well guys have a look for yourself !!

Here he is

4 days later !!!

Comment if you like
    It is
    What it is !!

By the way, it took me a long minute to find the arrow, I couldn’t find it because the arrow was so dang saturated I couldn’t see my Lighted nock or my white fletching!!

Enjoy the next pics !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** tough animals for sure! Looks like a back of the liver shot

Comment

you aired him out for sure

Comment

[emoji23]

No

He aired me out brother !!

Comment

They are tough,, maybe you’ll get another whack at him!

Comment

How is that even possible? Crazy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              **** tough animals for sure! Looks like a back of the liver shot
              This is what I think too. Dark wine colored blood screams liver to me. Since he’s back, maybe you’ll get another chance.

Comment

Dude

Explain it to me and we will both know!! I’m completely perplexed [emoji848]

Comment

Man they’re resilient! Looks like maybe a liver shot. If he staves off infection he might make it. I’ve seen this exact scenario where the pictures start showing a steady decline because they get sick. Luckily, I ended up shooting the buck and the autopsy revealed 2 very diseased lungs. He wasn’t going to make it much longer but he was still trying to run some doe. Hope you get another crack at him.

Comment

You put the old tv shot on him. Outside the deadly V, it happens.

Comment

That's a dead shot. It dang sure happens.

Comment

What broadhead? I my have missed it.

Comment

Liver at best. I can’t believe no stomach content?

Comment

Montec

G5

Comment

sure looks like he should be dead

Comment

Working...
                              X