Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official!!! Lampasas hunting thread

Let's post are kills and trale cam pics from lampasas county

If yall have any questions about hunting in lampasas fill free to ask!!!!

Comment

I just secured my lease in Kempner just east of Lampasas. Headed down there in a couple weeks to set up shop!! Can't wait!!!

Comment

Hunt north of Lometa on the Lampasas/Mills county line

Comment

Use to hunt between Lometa and San Saba. Right as you get the river bridge on the Lometa side, there is a little road that looks like it would go down to the river on the right hand side, it actually goes to a little cabin. We hunted both sides of the road from the river back towards Lometa about a mile or 2. River bottom and orchards made for some good hunting. Sure miss that place. Wonder who hunts it these days. Google maps still shows our stands being there lol.

Comment

I hunt just outside Rumley, seen a few stray axis in the area last year.

Comment

When I was stationed at Ft. Hood I used to see axis all the time in Kempner.

Comment

I am 10 miles west of Lampasas, 3 miles south of Nix

Comment

We have a ranch in Lampasas county off CR 2200 and the other side in on 2060
                  about 2300 acres it has been in the family since 1942 we have a small place north of Lometa have hunted this area 38 years give or take cousin and uncles all live around there
                  or San Saba

Comment

Ya I hunt 3 lease's in kempner and also hunt on my 10 ac back yard and see axis all the time.
                    Any one hunting bandy craft's place????

Comment

Hunt across from Colorado Bend. The antler restrictions have done some good the past few years. There are also a lot of aoudad in the area now. Just wish we'd get some serious rain now.

Comment

My place is north of town north just past the airport off 281 left side about a mile....x2 on the antler restrictions helping....159 7/8 non typical in the fall of 2013 and 141 4/8 typical fall of 2014.....

Comment

I miss the lometa!! Lost our lease this year. Hunted there 3 years few miles down from the High School and the big powerlines. Beautiful contry

Comment

I get a picture on my 10 ac of a 150 13 point

Comment

Can't wait till deer season but I guss I will have too
                              Last edited by MathewsMission; 04-14-2015, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X