No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a case of Kent 3s at Gibson's in Weatherford. Kent was all they had. I've never shot them so we'll see. I think there were 8 or nine cases left.
    Last edited by jnd1959; 11-25-2021, 08:41 PM.

Comment

The boss are great shells. I use them in 12,16, 28 and 410

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
        I got a case of Kent 3s at Gibson's in Weatherford. Kent was all they had. I've never shot them so we'll see. I think there were 8 or nine cases left.
        I’ve used Kent. Worked fine, would use again if I could find any.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post

Kent has always done well for me. I shoot the teal steel in my 20 and their BB for goose and have no complaints. I bought some rio bismuth in 20 for big duck and I did see an improvement in kills v cripples but I also was shooting more frequently (skeet and sporting clays) so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            The boss are great shells. I use them in 12,16, 28 and 410

You use their 2-3/4 or the 3”? I read and watched reviews of people swearing the 2-3/4” #5 was great for big ducks but I’m just hard headed and feel the 3” is best.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
              You use their 2-3/4 or the 3”? I read and watched reviews of people swearing the 2-3/4” #5 was great for big ducks but I’m just hard headed and feel the 3” is best.

I use boss religiously in my 20. 3” number 5s and it absolutely folds the birds with no follow up shots needed unless you’re poking at them. Just make sure to choke your gun tighter than steel. Currently running improved modified in my 20 gauge M2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                I'ma wait-n for the wind to die a bit. Don't like run-n the WildThing when the winds are 15+. It's a really rough ride in a Jon. [emoji846]

And wear your sunscreen! Even in the cooler weather. You can get sunburn on the water no matter the time of year. I just had a big ol spot taken off my nose yesterday. And got to go back for a skin graph in 2 weeks. Got another right beside it that's gonna have to come off too. This was my second yesterday. And damage I probably did back in 30s and all the way through my 40s.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                Yep. I've had a few and one scary one that was a fast grower. Hope you get better Mike. I always have good intentions of wearing sunscreen but forget cause it's dark when we leave the ramp. I really need to put some in my blind bag. Actually, in every hunting bag. Mine was from my youth of second degree sunburns. But a lot of it for guys is on the left side of the face from driving. Women tend to have theirs on the right side from riding, so the dermo told me. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Looking for Recommendations for a guided Teal Hunt

looking for a guide Teal Hunt in Late December, Early January. Mainly interested in Teal. Willing to travel. If you know of someone please pass there name along. Thank you..

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                    I use boss religiously in my 20. 3” number 5s and it absolutely folds the birds with no follow up shots needed unless you’re poking at them. Just make sure to choke your gun tighter than steel. Currently running improved modified in my 20 gauge M2

That’s good to hear. I like using my 20 and would like something with a bit more pop. I usually shoot 3” #2 out of it but having more pellets with a greater density sounds in theory like a great option. I usually use a modified shooting steel if not an improved modified so I’ll probably just keep that and see how it goes. I have full and extra full (fabarms rates their barrels for XF for steel) but I’ve never tried them.

Comment

Tore up the teal this morning! Should have had our 3 man limit but were two shy! Fun hunt.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Flex! Looks like your finally get-n on the birds.

Comment

Not a bad morning. Got to shoot my uncle's over/under that he left to me on his passing this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Congrats Flex! Looks like your finally get-n on the birds.
                            Getting lucky on some tanks. No boat means no river or lakes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                              That’s good to hear. I like using my 20 and would like something with a bit more pop. I usually shoot 3” #2 out of it but having more pellets with a greater density sounds in theory like a great option. I usually use a modified shooting steel if not an improved modified so I’ll probably just keep that and see how it goes. I have full and extra full (fabarms rates their barrels for XF for steel) but I’ve never tried them.

Definitely would run improved modified for 30-35 yard shots. Even at 20 yards it patterns like a regular modified with steel just about 70 extra pellets lol

Comment

Well, what's the news fellers? Should be a good morning for off and on flights between the rain showers.

Comment

Working...
                                X