• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is hard throwing these back. 6 in last two days while trout fishing
    Attached Files

Comment

^^^

Awesome job Sir!

Might have to reach out to you one of these days and see if I can’t tag along.

Comment

Come on. Been fishing everyday the wind lets me. I chunk a lot of plastic but have no issue deadsticking bait

Comment

Way to go Glen!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            It is hard throwing these back. 6 in last two days while trout fishing
            Nice work Glen. I threw 3 back this weekend, they never knew how lucky they were. There's a lot of them out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
              Gonna drag the Mowdy down to POC friday also. A double front & rain may make it interesting. Sunday am could be nice.
              All you can do is grind. That’s my plan. Hopefully there will be water at my favorite spots if not I guess I’ll target drains and deep shorelines

Comment

Water in POC was about 3’ lower than usual. Wind yesterday knocked a lot of water out.
                It was a grind today. Only managed a few dink’s, and sight casted to a few reds but they came unhooked.

Will take you up on that soon Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                  All you can do is grind. That’s my plan. Hopefully there will be water at my favorite spots if not I guess I’ll target drains and deep shorelines
                  Where do you launch ? I may be solo, friend that was supposed to join me has to Referee a HS football game Friday night & may not join me at all.
                  You could jump on my boat & we could hit a few spots.
                  Shoot me a PM.

Comment

Well went out before the wind and caught about 10 trout. Smaller today and had 3 keepers which we ate for lunch. Did catch 3 more of those endangered flounder but no blankets.

If you guys are fishing the Rockport area I’ve been grinding in sand pockets in 2-3 ft of water. Color on gulps have been New Penny/Chart tail or White/Chart. On the swim baits it has been Ice/Chart and smaller 3-4 inch baits

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Well went out before the wind and caught about 10 trout. Smaller today and had 3 keepers which we ate for lunch. Did catch 3 more of those endangered flounder but no blankets.

If you guys are fishing the Rockport area I’ve been grinding in sand pockets in 2-3 ft of water. Color on gulps have been New Penny/Chart tail or White/Chart. On the swim baits it has been Ice/Chart and smaller 3-4 inch baits
                      Good intel Glenn, I’ve been in town and will be back Friday but don’t think I’ll fish til next week sometime. We need to get together soon.

Comment

Sounds like you're in your element Glen! Seems now you're REALLY getting into what retirement is all about! Congratulations sir!! I've never been able to pick up my rod n reel when I could pick up my bow... One of these days, I'm gonna fool 'em! I know Fall/early Winter fishing is probably the best time to fish in the bay salt, but DANG... Ol' big buck keeps callin' my name...

Comment

I don’t know about my element. It’s new water to me still. I’m not killing it and still grinding at the fish. Usually fish until noon or go out about 2 in the afternoon. Still have life stuff that I gotta do. Wind and Mother Nature are only thing that keeps me off the water

Comment

You are doing well Sir!

Made it out today with my little sister and her boyfriend.
                            Fishing a gut draining out of a marsh knee to thigh deep.

Ended the day with 17 trout, 13 being keepers. 16-23”. Little sister caught 2 16-17”.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Had to go this morning before the front hit after yesterday’s trip.
                              Got a very late start. Got in the water at 0915 and out at 1015. Had brother in law and his son with me.

Same conditions. Clean water, light wind, outgoing tide. Knee to thigh deep water. Gut draining.

12 trout, most all between 16-20” slow rolling a paddle tail off the bottom.
                              Mom asked for some fish so we kept a few.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice work, you’ve had some fun trips the last few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X