Oryx cull hunt and some exotic pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oryx cull hunt and some exotic pics

I got a text message a few weeks ago from a TBH user (RichExotics10) about bull Orxy cull hunts for $600. I figured that was a great deal considering I would most likely not get a public land draw on these and I didn’t want to pay the high cost of a bull or cow hunt. I have also heard the meat is great and my freezers were getting a little low so this was strictly a meat hunt and a perfect opportunity.

The property where I shot this (Bar H Bar) had several Orxys that were affected by this winters freeze. They wanted the Oryxys with the broken or deformed horns; most of them just froze off because of lack of blood flow. After speaking with the ranch foreman that it would be rifle only (no bow hunting) I made the drive down to Lampasas. We got there at 8:45 and the guides said it could be 5 minutes or all day as we were looking for a particular bull. 15 minutes in and we see a heard of Oryxs and after spending some time on the glass we didn’t find the one we were looking for. A short time passes and we find the bull we are looking for. After a bit of maneuvering and spotting I get a few chances of him in the cross hairs but won’t stay still long enough for a clean shot. This goes on for a bit and finally we got him to pause long enough and took the shot while he was mid stride. The .30-.378 Weatherby Mag did short work and the rest was history. Overall the guides and ranch were a great experience and place and Im looking forward to making some delicious meals out of him.

Last edited by piercebronkite; 11-23-2021, 08:45 AM.

Heck of a hunt!! Man they're delicious!!

Comment

I'm jealous of that deal. I would have jumped all over that. Great eating right there. Congrats

Comment

Congrats on some fine eating.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful trophy room

Comment

Got anymore of them cull hunts?

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
              I'm jealous of that deal. I would have jumped all over that. Great eating right there. Congrats
              Thanks. As soon as I got the text I immediately called the guide and reserved a spot.

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
              Got anymore of them cull hunts?
              They had 3 more and those were full-filled last week and this week I believe.

Comment

Congrats on a cool hunt.
                I like the way they placed the mounts on the wall.

Comment

Congratulations!

Lucky!

Comment

Who did you book this hunt through?

Comment

Working...
                    X