No announcement yet.

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hammering 40-60 fish every trip in October and am struggling to pull 5 off brush in November. New to crappie but I thought fall was one of the best times to fish?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
      My buddy and his wife caught these last week on Striker.
      Looks good!!!
      Originally posted by Keith View Post
      I got to try out the Ultrex, and like it so far. I am sitting in the Lubbock airport about to fly back home. I had a funeral to attend but managed to fish maybe 2 hours on Friday. I caught about 8 including this 16.25".
      I just realized I haven't calibrated the compass yet, although it worked fine. I think I read that you have to make several circles like I had to do with my Garmin Force. Is that right?

Calibrate it! Your gonna love the Ultrex!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
      1022 on the bow. I like to dial for adjustments. Keeps my screen cleaner without the fingerprints!
      Mine usually has so much fish slime on it I can’t see the fingerprints! Usually clean it off once or twice every trip!

Originally posted by 3under3 View Post
      I was hammering 40-60 fish every trip in October and am struggling to pull 5 off brush in November. New to crappie but I thought fall was one of the best times to fish?
      Those October fish were still on the flats. They’re transitioning to a winter pattern now and while I rarely fish brushpiles I haven’t seen fish on any that I have run across Livescoping through timber the last couple weeks!! Main lake timber off the creek channel is where I would look!

Comment

We're gonna hit the big boat house at the lake casa this weekend. The nephew slayed them last Saturday.

Comment

They were biting good today.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mallardman02 View Post
            They were biting good today.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
            Coordinates please.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

100ah Gyll lithium batteries on sale this week for $525 at Shut up and Fish!! I’m trying to decide electronics only or go TM batteries too!!

Comment

We did alright for couple hours Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                  100ah Gyll lithium batteries on sale this week for $525 at Shut up and Fish!! I’m trying to decide electronics only or go TM batteries too!!

They gonna give that troller more full power run time. Not wore down with dropping speed like some kinda lead acid battery will. Just say-n.

I'ma run-n one on mine. Twice the run time and longer power band. Faster charge rate too.

Comment

Replace all of them

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      Replace all of them

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                      That’s what I would like to do! Replace 5 Gel 31M batteries with 4 100ah Gylls

Comment

Nice fish y’all! I was planning on going to beat up some winter slabs tomorrow but have a customer wanting to come in tomorrow afternoon. Told him it would be a lot easier if we just did e check and e sign! If he goes that route tomorrow morning I might be beating down slabs by lunch!

Didn’t book anything while the kids are out of school! Little man needs to go shank some slabs in the face!!

Comment

We are here on Palestine at Big Eddie bay for a few days, stumbling around with last-minute back-up electronics (‘Bird just died). Hoping to find a few crappie under the bridge tomorrow I guess

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                            We are here on Palestine at Big Eddie bay for a few days, stumbling around with last-minute back-up electronics (‘Bird just died). Hoping to find a few crappie under the bridge tomorrow I guess
                            Crossmembers on the 155 usually are stacked this time of year! Small dark jigs. 1/16oz. Black and chart. Purple and chart or Shad colored would be my pick!

Comment

Crossmembers on the 155 usually are stacked this time of year! Small dark jigs. 1/16oz. Black and chart. Purple and chart or Shad colored would be my pick!
                              Thanks Todd! We’ll give it a shot, should be able to find a few willing participants

Comment

That’s what I would like to do! Replace 5 Gel 31M batteries with 4 100ah Gylls
                                I have livescope on a dedicated Gyll and really like it. I plan to replace the trolling batteries next. I think David said gyll wasnt a good starting battery option?

Comment

Working...
                                X