No announcement yet.

Multi tool question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carry a Leatherman Wave everyday. Get a pocket clip. It's not too big or heavy at all.

Also get the bit kit.

Comment

If you ever use a Victorinox version once, you'll throw rocks at every other mulit-tool there is! Two main features that sold me were, you do not have to open the tool up to access the various blades, and the plier function is for real and the way the tool is made, you can actually use it comfortably. Customer service for them is second to none as well... break a blade, send it back... it's either repaired or replaced. I had Geezy Rider make me a custom belt holster for mine and I wear it every day whether in jeans, wade fishing or in a suit at church... It's always on my belt.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvwh7Kp7Dmo"]Victorinox Swisstool Review: Why it Replaced my Leatherman - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        Carry a Leatherman Wave everyday. Get a pocket clip. It's not too big or heavy at all.

Also get the bit kit.
        This is what I have. And I got the bit kit too. Great tool!

Comment

Hog down… there are several Leatherman models that won’t do that. But I know what you’re talking bout! The Wave, and the Charge model, to name a couple, have rounded edges on the handles, and are very comfortable when gripping hard. I’ve had one for the last 20 yrs, and won’t go without one on me at all times. I prob have 6 different ones at the moment scattered here n there, truck door, stand backpack, etc. My everyday carry is the Charge TTi, titanium with the bit sets that are actually tucked inside the scabbard. Those bit sets come in real handy! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I'm never without mine...ever. I've had several but the "Leatherman Free" is my all time favorite. I would never spend money on any other brand.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              If you ever use a Victorinox version once, you'll throw rocks at every other mulit-tool there is! Two main features that sold me were, you do not have to open the tool up to access the various blades, and the plier function is for real and the way the tool is made, you can actually use it comfortably. Customer service for them is second to none as well... break a blade, send it back... it's either repaired or replaced. I had Geezy Rider make me a custom belt holster for mine and I wear it every day whether in jeans, wade fishing or in a suit at church... It's always on my belt.

Victorinox Swisstool Review: Why it Replaced my Leatherman - YouTube
              This right here. Nothing wrong with Leatherman but the Victorinox is a step above.

Comment

I carry a Gerber every day at work. It lighter and does everything I want. However, my leatherman wave stays in the door of my truck. Always there if I need it.

Comment

Leatherman all day.
                  My wave is over 10 yrs old and still going.
                  I've broken the jaws on every Gerber I've owned, not worth the hassle imo, warranty or not.
                  Never owned any other brands.

Comment

I don't have a high end model, not sure what it is I'd have to look it up, but the Leatherman I use has came in clutch on more than a few occasions. I've got a couple Gerbers, a low end Victorinox, and a couple I don't even know brands of because I went through a phase trying to find one I liked. Anyhow, the one I end up taking with me I've had for probably going on 10 years. Coming back from the coast late at night years ago I saw sparks and fire in my mirror coming from the boat trailer, pulled over to find a hub completely collapsed. Luckily I carry spare hubs usually (this was before I switched to oil bath hubs) so thought no problem. When I finally got it taken apart I found the axle spindle was mangled from the bearings and flattened on the bottom from dragging the ground. Whipped out that Leatherman and used the file to clean it up real good and got the new bearings and hub installed well enough to get home.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                      This right here. Nothing wrong with Leatherman but the Victorinox is a step above.
                      .....you forgot to mention it's imported. Nothing wrong with the Swiss though. [emoji6]
                      Buy American!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by bakin7005; 11-19-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
                        My gerber suspension is awesome. I just with the sheath/case for it lasted. A leather sheath with a good snap would be ideal. I've had it for 6+ years and its been rock solid.
                        I daily carry a Gerber Suspension as well. This is the second one I’ve owned. Been carrying them daily for around 10 years now. It’s about time for a new one, and I really like the handle for the plyers, but may look at a Leatherman this time to see if they have improved the ergonomics since I looked at them last.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                          Leatherman
                          I use the basic model everyday on the ranch
                          X2, never had any problems with them.

Comment

I’ve had my Gerber possibly 15 yrs now, good to know about issues with the newer models because I would have bought them again, the leathermans look pretty handy, and that’s what’s it’s for just a helping hand
                            Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 11-20-2021, 07:21 AM.

Comment

I carry the Leatherman Rebar. Its the perfect size to put in my pocket. I don't like using a belt sheath.

Comment

Have 2, and older Gerber that is a toolbox, has pouches inside the sheath and includes different bits for the driver, it's big. The other is a Leatherman, I believe it is a "300". It's big too, and has easily replaceable wire cutting blades.

Comment

Working...
                                X