No announcement yet.

18 Days to Kill- Live!!! - Illinois, Kansas, Arkansas, South Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well that sucks. I just don't see how someone would say no to going onto their property to recover an animal but I know it happens. I just don't understand why people would be that way. I know I wouldn't. Beyond your control and hopefully it's redemption in the morning with a even better bruiser. Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by jlow View Post
      #snacksticks #ravendensprings #duckcamp #seeyouinjanuary

Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am out! Need another 40lbs of the best jalapeno n cheese sticks ever!
      Seriously tho.. i had some venison sweet chipolte sausage from Belleville Texas... WOW!
      Have waders... will travel!

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
        We were told no at the property line.

Ouch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deer716 View Post
          Well that sucks. I just don't see how someone would say no to going onto their property to recover an animal but I know it happens. I just don't understand why people would be that way. I know I wouldn't. Beyond your control and hopefully it's redemption in the morning with a even better bruiser. Good luck!!
          Makes zero sense to me either, Deer716...it’s not like you can un-release the arrow and take it back. Now I can understand wanting to be there with the tracking party, but to flat out deny the attempt makes no sense at all. But hey, that’s their right

Hate to hear y’all couldn’t gain access, Heith...hope the morning goes well and y’all can get a Kansas stud on the ground

Comment

The buck has gone nearly 900yards, no beds,.. other people are hunting too. Its not exactly fair to walkout multiple properties and ruin everyone elses season.
            One has to have respect for everyone.
            Its not looking like a lethal shot..
            If it was liver, lungs, guts, paunch, heart.. femoral artery.. the deer would be there.. be dead.. its unfortunate, but this is not the case. He might be breeding a doe tomorrow.
            Ive been in T's shoes, i imagine many of us have. The cold hard truth is,.. there is no one to blame except ourselves when releasing an arrow that misses its mark.
            It may be possible to search after the season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Zmaxhunter View Post
              The buck has gone nearly 900yards, no beds,.. other people are hunting too. Its not exactly fair to walkout multiple properties and ruin everyone elses season.
              If it was liver, lungs, guts, paunch, heart.. femoral artery.. the deer would be there.. be dead.. its unfortunate, but this is not the case. He might be breeding a doe tomorrow.
              Ive been in T's shoes, i imagine many of us have. The cold hard truth is,.. there is no one to blame except ourselves when releasing an arrow that misses its mark.
              This, I was thinking the other property probably has hunters out as well.

Hopefully he lives and makes an appearance before they go home.

Comment

I can understand that...sucks to face the reality of it, but with no bedding and other hunters in the area, sometimes ya have to know when to pull back

Hopefully someone sees him up and moving and y’all can get a little relief knowing he’s on the mend thanks for the clarification, Zmax

Comment

Headed in to the Windbreak property that I hunted the very first evening. T and I will be in separate stands about 80 yards apart.

I’ll update after daylight.

Comment

Hes there, about 200y from T, wind is perfect.. grunt, rattle... pull him in Heith! Come on dawn, 06:50.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Zmaxhunter; 11-20-2021, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Hes there, about 200y from T, wind is perfect.. grunt, rattle... pull him in Heith! Come on dawn, 06:50.

Thats the same deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

See post 338

Comment

See post 338
                          So is that the deer that was shot and not found? Think that’s what he’s asking. And I’m curious too!

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                            Thats the same deer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            So is that the deer that was shot and not found? Think that’s what he’s asking. And I’m curious too!

We are in a different property this morning.

It’s not the same buck. That is the buck that I saw my very first sit on Monday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                              We are in a different property this morning.

It’s not the same buck. That is the buck that I saw my very first sit on Monday evening.
                              Copy. Didn’t know if that property was close. Good luck!

Comment

Man daylight couldn’t get here early enough.

I text Talen and asked if he could see his pin to shoot as he is shooting into the shelter belt but can also shoot the field too.
                                Talen is set up between me and the camera. He said he could.

Grunt / Rattled
                                He busted out of shelter belt and skirted the trees headed to me but 70 yards out in the wheat from Talen. 80 yards from me.
                                Went all the way to the tree line to my North @ 100 yards and got our wind.
                                Talen said he went over the hill toward the truck.
                                Man what a Big Buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X