Norma whitetail ammo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norma whitetail ammo?

Anyone shot the Norma soft point whitetail ammo? It is about the only ammo I have found in 7mm-08. I recently bought a new Tikka T3x and can’t find ammo for it but this is in stock in 150Gr

Thanks for any input

I was in the same boat with my 270. Have not shot the Norma I got but it was the only 270 I found.

Comment

Some of the Norma ammo was recalled. Might check.

Comment

I'm shooting it now in 7 Rem Mag. Haven't killed a deer with it yet but have shot a pig and it worked great. It's accurate also. I'm leaving tomorrow to head to my lease in Mason and will try it out on some deer.

Comment

I bought several boxes of Norma for my .308, a quick search indicated it was a long time ammo company, Teddy Roosevelt shot Norma ammo allegedly.. I had previously had the gun sighted in with Remington core-lokts but couldn't find any.

I re-sighted the gun with Norma (off paper from core-lokt btw, even though they were the same grain). Once I got it dialed in the Norma shoots much tighter groups, and overall seems like a more quality ammo. I haven't killed anything with it yet, but I got enough ammo to actually try to kill something now, hah

Comment

It shoots good

I am having good results with Norma ammunition, seems they stick to 150gr
            In most cal’s , has good components in the shells
            My .308 likes them, the flyer on left was my fault .
            I wouldn’t worry about shooting any thing in the USA with it , it’s pretty good stuff
            And has a great history, Norma was the only ammunition for years we could get in 6.5x55 Swedish
            Attached Files
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 11-16-2021, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I bought some for my .270, .300WM and .308 back in August. I looked at You Tube reviews and several forums before buying any. Lots off people love shooting it. Here an example in this video.

http://https://youtu.be/XAG58_Qfc0U?t=469

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                I bought some for my .270, .300WM and .308 back in August. I looked at You Tube reviews and several forums before buying any. Lots off people love shooting it. Here an example in this video.

http://https://youtu.be/XAG58_Qfc0U?t=469
                Link no worky.

Comment

I shoot Norma. Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                    Link no worky.

Comment

Buddy shoots it. He is impressed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                        My have to check it out if I can find some 150gr.

Comment

It’s the only stuff i could find before the season for my 30-06 and 7mag. Both have had fantastic results. 30-06 Dropped a pronghorn in his tracks just under 300 yard out and had just about the same shot on a nilgai with the 7mag and got the same result. Absolutely no complaints out of me.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken Weatherby ammo used to be made Norma. Not sure if that is still true

Comment

I shoot the 150gr 308 load and its very accurate out of my 700. I've taken a deer and a hog with it so far and both were exits, so I haven't recovered a bullet yet. These work so well I haven't bothered work up a 308 load this season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X