No announcement yet.

2021 Handgun Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot pig #3 and #4 this morning, with my pistola. The larger one was 60 yards and the smaller one 100 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
      First kill with my new-to-me FA 97/41 magnum. Nice 8 pointer that came in to about 40 yards. Complete pass through from a perfectly broadside shot by a hand loaded speer deep curl over H110, right through the heart. He ran about 20 yards before piling up.

Nice shooting Randy.
      Last edited by John316; 11-12-2021, 06:20 PM.

Comment

First kill with my new-to-me FA 97/41 magnum. Nice 8 pointer that came in to about 40 yards. Complete pass through from a perfectly broadside shot by a hand loaded speer deep curl over H110, right through the heart. He ran about 20 yards before piling up.

Nice shooting, nice buck, congratulations on that first with your new .41 magnum.

Comment

Originally posted by John316 View Post
          Shot pig #3 and #4 this morning, with my pistola. The larger one was 60 yards and the smaller one 100 yards.

Nice shooting at those distances John316.

Comment

Good shooting Sir!

Question for the all knowing regarding 357mag. Would Remington 180 JHP suffice on a shoulder shot? Have lever gun I’d try first, but might also try with a wheel gun if it’s feasible.

Also have some 158 JHP Federal Nylon Coated.

Would one be better than the other?

Comment

That pistol looks familiar. Glad it went to a good home and is getting used. Congrats on a fine buck!

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                Good shooting Sir!

Question for the all knowing regarding 357mag. Would Remington 180 JHP suffice on a shoulder shot? Have lever gun I’d try first, but might also try with a wheel gun if it’s feasible.

Also have some 158 JHP Federal Nylon Coated.

Would one be better than the other?
                Either of those would work fine on deer. Good luck!

Comment

You don't waste time, way to get it done! My .41 will come out after Thanksgiving. What grain are those Speer pills?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job! Keep stacking them

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                      You don't waste time, way to get it done! My .41 will come out after Thanksgiving. What grain are those Speer pills?

210 Speer Deep Curls

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                        Nice shooting at those distances John316.

Well…I have to admit, I’m sand bagging. Being a hand-gunning newbie, I do what I must to bring home the bacon.

Comment

Well…I have to admit, I’m sand bagging. Being a hand-gunning newbie, I do what I must to bring home the bacon.

I’m not a newbie but I use sandbags whenever I can. Current view. Notice the deer in the background.

Comment

Nice shooting fellas!

Comment

Just a doe but every handgun kill is a trophy to me. Shot this morning with my FA 97 in 41 magnum. 40 yard shot with a 210 grain Speer deep curl. Complete pass through and about a 10 yard recovery.

Comment

Just a doe but every handgun kill is a trophy to me. Shot this morning with my FA 97 in 41 magnum. 40 yard shot with a 210 grain Speer deep curl. Complete pass through and about a 10 yard recovery.

Congratulations, nice shooting.

Comment

Working...
                                X