Disrespectful Neighbors - Menard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitgonhunting View Post
    I think they were putting dead carcasses along our fence line last year. But not right across from our hunting set up like what they did before opening weekend.
    You are correct! They also have about a 1,000+ acres to dump them anywhere they want. And they weren't dumping them their last year directly across from our hunting set up. Could just be a coincidence but I don't think it is.
    It's possible they're shooting hogs at night and just used to dumping them out on the road and didn't think/notice what's on the other side of the fence. Also possible it's not even them but guests or heck even poachers. Don't do what you're accusing them of by not talking to them first, fire up a conversation and you could be pleasantly surprised what you find out... or not maybe they'll tell you to eff off but at least you'll know where you stand with them.

Comment

Lets all be honest here, some may consider 100 yards way to close to the property line to be hunting and they dumped them thr on purpose which I can’t say I blame them if the stands clearly visible for the fence line but I personally wouldn’t have done it without trying to talk out the issue first, It’s possible they were dumped on accident by a dip **** told to haul them off away from where they were killed, thrs a lot of possibilities but until you go talk to them like any good neighbor should do you won’t know. I know every neighbor that borders our property’s but 2 and they live out of state so knowing your neighbor on friendly terms has far more benefits than complaining about being done wrong prior to finding out the real issue. That’s my simple minded opinion anyway and it’s served me well thus far.

Either way the dead hogs will have little to no bearing on the deer activity, we kill so many pigs half the time we leave them where they die and let the buzzards and yotes take care of them and the deer continue to walk right by them. Other than being smelly if your down wind it’s nothing to be concerned with.

Comment

We have a stand 200 yards from our neighbor. The neighbors corner is their gut pile and they dump animals there all year long. Since they consider it the "gut pile" corner no one ever hunts near there. Coincidentally we see the most deer traffic moving up and down that fenceline in the mornings and evenings.

I would talk to the guy before you get too riled up. It's always best to assume ignorance before bad intentions.

Comment

Hunt the wind.

Comment

If you have a problem with our hunting set up, stop and talk to us
            So how did the conversation go when you approached him regarding the issue? Surely you didn't just post it here...

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
              It’s been said before…. Deer hunting brings out the worst in people.
              very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
                It’s possible they were dumped on accident by a dip **** told to haul them off away from where they were killed, thrs a lot of possibilities
                That's the **** truth. Hell my BIL has dumped guts less than 100 yards from our camp in plain sight....might as well leave them on the porch....

Comment

Any laws where you are about hunter harassment?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    Had a neighbor many years ago in Mexico who put up a green blind right on our fence. Literally his legs were against our wire.

I believe we put close to 15 hogs on that fence right under his stand. Within 3 days the green stand was white. we kept it heavily baited throughout the year.

Obviously yours is a different, if you were 100 yards off the fence line...
                    Yep, that sounds like something you would do, and, you are so proud of yourself. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                      So how did the conversation go when you approached him regarding the issue? Surely you didn't just post it here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                        Yep, that sounds like something you would do, and, you are so proud of yourself. Lol
                        It was epic... you should have been there! I bet that poor dude couldn't sit in that blind for months!

I'd do it to you too but, I'd imagine you'd enjoy it too much...lmao!! Chit loves chit.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mexico View Post
                          it was epic... You should have been there! I bet that poor dude couldn't sit in that blind for months!

i'd do it to you too but, i'd imagine you'd enjoy it too much...lmao!! Chit loves chit.

Sent from my sm-n981u using tapatalk
                          😂😂

Comment

It was epic... you should have been there! I bet that poor dude couldn't sit in that blind for months!

I'd do it to you too but, I'd imagine you'd enjoy it too much...lmao!! Chit loves chit.

Really, how old are you? Some children seem to never grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                              Really, how old are you? Some children seem to never grow up.
                              Really? I wasn't the one driving my yellow corvette to fight some dude I've never met. Keep trying... lmao! Keyboard warrior on my way!! Bahhhhaaahhhaaa

Comment

Chit loves chit

Comment

Working...
                                X