Suicide Dove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suicide Dove

Haaa, sitting in the living room this morning drinking a cup of coffee and this dude hit the window at full speed. Scared the **** out of me. You can see his outline on the window. [emoji23]

1 dove popper appetizer on the menu this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was sitting in the back yard of the fire station one day when i heard a loud gong sound. Then i noticed the dove on the ground flopping around. Thar fool hit a giant water tower. Sometimes i wonder if they dont fall asleep while flying

Comment

That's crazy . Too bad he wasn't the lead bird with 11 more following.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
        Haaa, sitting in the living room this morning drinking a cup of coffee and this dude hit the window at full speed. Scared the **** out of me. You can see his outline on the window. [emoji23]

Careful. A guy got busted for doing just that. Illegal means of taking.

Last edited by M16; 11-06-2021, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I have very high windows in my house. Several times a week birds fly into them. I got tired of picking them up, so I just kick them off the porch. Local cats have to eat too.

Comment

One of the draw backs to our new windows is how many birds can't seem to see them. We have a bird a bird hit our windows at least once a month

Comment

put it on a cracker dude!

Comment

Looks like a urasion dove, your good to eat it. No closed season.

Comment

For the record, I opened the door and my dog scooped it up and ran inside and jumped up on the couch. [emoji35]

I managed to pry it out of its mouth and throw it in the trash bin. It’s there now if any game warden reading this wants to come look.

Comment

Lol, it is craziness over here also.. They wear out our upstairs window that overlooks the pool.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s what to do when a bird hits your window.

According to the Bird Conservation Network more than 100 million North American birds die every year from window collisions. These accidents are most common during spring mating season. It is illegal to keep a wild bird in your possession...

Or you can feed it to your cat if you have one.

Comment

Eat wrapped in bacon & jalapeño then SSS the feathers

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          Here’s what to do when a bird hits your window.

According to the Bird Conservation Network more than 100 million North American birds die every year from window collisions. These accidents are most common during spring mating season. It is illegal to keep a wild bird in your possession...

Or you can feed it to your cat if you have one.
                          .....or call the (Lone Star Law) game wardens.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post

That think hit pretty hard, must have been moving pretty fast. We have had a few hit windows over the years, normally just hear something hit the window fairly hard and the bird bounce off and flies off.

Many years ago, I hit one with one of my trucks. It was flying fast and low, hit at the top of my windshield. I was moving along pretty good at the time. It wound up shooting that bird straight up in the air, way up in the air. I kept looking around for it. Finally after quite a few seconds, I see a dove falling straight down, trailing feathers. It came down right in the middle of the lane I was in, good ways behind me. I would have liked to seen a video of that from outside the truck. That bird had to have gone 200 to 300 ft. in the air, straight up. I would have guessed a bird would splatter, before it would ever get deflected that far. Sounded like a baseball hit my windshield, it flew like one too.

Comment

Working...
                            X