No announcement yet.

Truck headrest gun rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are asking why I didn't just put a hole in the vertical hook portion and put the headrest post thru that? If so, because that would allow the hooks to move from side to side while driving over bumps, and I don't feel that fully supports the gun the way I'd like it to. It could be done, just wasn't the way I wanted to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
      Are asking why I didn't just put a hole in the vertical hook portion and put the headrest post thru that? If so, because that would allow the hooks to move from side to side while driving over bumps, and I don't feel that fully supports the gun the way I'd like it to. It could be done, just wasn't the way I wanted to do it.

That makes sense.

Comment

I did end up moving the hooks towards each other 1-1/2" on each side.
        This was easy enough to do as it was just drilling out the pop rivets and then drilling new holes.
        Took less than 20 minutes.

The weather stripping appears to be working well so far and we hung my 22-250 off the hooks for a full weekend of working around the lease.
        The AR fits well on there now also.

Cool project, like that sturdy design too.

Comment

X2, your design limits movement, makes for a more stable rifle support.

Comment

My daughter has now asked for a set for her Jeep.
            She has a WJ, so the headrest posts have a different dimension. Figures...

Comment

I am so steeling this design. Been thinking about pulling out my center console box and weld up a gun stand. The old jeep style with 2 rifle capabilities - each facing different ways. If anyone remembers the older ones like that

Comment

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
                I am so steeling this design.

That's why I put all the dimensions I used, so others will have half a chance at being able to build their own version. Feel free to modify to suit your needs!

Comment

That's why I put all the dimensions I used, so others will have half a chance at being able to build their own version. Feel free to modify to suit your needs!
                  Hey kmack, if you are quiet you can hear the sound of aluminum bending all over Texas thanks to you posting your cool project!

Comment

It’s quiet right now in the stand…
                    But I’m hearing other things!

Comment

Working...
                    X