No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well her first duck hunt was a success she was able to get a BW teal and a spoonie.[IMG] free dice[/IMG]
    [IMG] free dice[/IMG]
    [IMG] free dice[/IMG]

Comment

Awesome job. Congrats to your baby girl

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to the Beautiful Young Lady!
        So happy for ya'll Donnie!

Comment

Good deal Donnie

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Public land 3 man to start the season off with my 2 buddies in the High Plains Mallard Management region.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post

Public land 3 man to start the season off with my 2 buddies in the High Plains Mallard Management region.

Congrats! Way to start the season!

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                Well her first duck hunt was a success she was able to get a BW teal and a spoonie.

Congrats to her, and to Pops too!

Comment

Thanks everyone. Awesome hunt Jeepguy!

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                    Well her first duck hunt was a success she was able to get a BW teal and a spoonie.[IMG] free dice[/IMG]
                    [IMG] free dice[/IMG]
                    [IMG] free dice[/IMG]
                    Good job y’all!!

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post

Great start! That'll make a sammich or three.

Comment

Just picked up my girlfriends chocolate Lab from the trainers. She’s doing great! Got our duck lease secured and have a Sandhill Crane and Goose hunt bought and paid for on November 19&20. Supper stoked!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Great start! That'll make a sammich or three.

Thanks everybody. Birds are still a more sparse in the area than usual but was a fun shoot. Ready for some cold weather

Comment

Thousands of birds in the Winnie area. Driving so couldn't get good pics

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching all of these guys on Youtube hammering the ducks and geese for the past few weeks further up the flyway has enlightened me that a big part of the problem in recent years is that, in the midwest, they have larger limits and get the birds before they're educated. That's changed from when they got little pressure up there. Watch those videos and ask yourself how they are able to decoy ducks and geese so well with nothing but silhouette decoys, but, when they get down here, they're hard to decoy even with huge full-body spreads. By the time those birds get to Texas, they have PhD's in hunter avoidance.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                                Watching all of these guys on Youtube hammering the ducks and geese for the past few weeks further up the flyway has enlightened me that a big part of the problem in recent years is that, in the midwest, they have larger limits and get the birds before they're educated. That's changed from when they got little pressure up there. Watch those videos and ask yourself how they are able to decoy ducks and geese so well with nothing but silhouette decoys, but, when they get down here, they're hard to decoy even with huge full-body spreads. By the time those birds get to Texas, they have PhD's in hunter avoidance.

You are not kidding. I took my 13yr old nephew and his friend youth hunting this past Sunday and I was having a hard time getting birds to decoy. Getting 2 and 3 passes dropping down lower and lower and finally kept going. Bunch wouldnt even look our way. I tried changing stuff up. Had teal mojo ,removed mojo, used jerk rig all kinds of stuff and they act like its late season already. I kept telling myself man this a little hard to believe this early in the game. This spot is some were I have been hunting for about 15yrs now so I kind of know what to expect and how the game goes. Biggest factor is the amount of birds in the area or not, and we had birds for sure. With all that being said I agree with you. PhD it is no doubt....

The boys did smack some Wigeon , saw quiet a few along with teal

Comment

Working...
                                X