Leaf Rake'r score, free on curb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf Rake'r score, free on curb

Got this pull behind leaf rake'r the other day. It has the hitch style to pull behind a lawn mower, which I don't have, but should be able to pull it behind a 4 wheeler. Buddy joked about let's see if it will pick up all the acorns at the lease LOL. Looks like it should be easy to make into a pull behind plow/tiller. I have some older blades from a tiller I'm going to try and convert it. It's pretty light though, not sure if it will crack/break under pressure. Even if it does, the price was right LOL Seen them online new for 399.00 - wow, but then again I think everything tripled in price the last few years.
    Last edited by Tx-Burt; 10-23-2021, 03:46 AM.

wow, don't know what happened to pics

Here are the pics, started to work on dis assembling, and figure out how to add the blades. I thought I had two more of the orange discs, but can't find them. I have two tiller blades I will add. They look to be the sames size. I also have an old aerator pull behind I'm going to see about adding. Also the bag looks like I can convert it to be a roof for a double ladder blind I have. more pics latter
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, so I'm going to cut the main bar left connected in pic, slide the disc/blades across, then add the bar the sweepers are on inside it. I may need to reinforce the bar in the middle. I will add the aerator discs where the sweeper was. Then try and figure out weight on top. I have a HD basket I took off my 4 wheeler I'm going to add on top, then it will hold some rocks for weight.

Comment

Wow. I’d say that the old push reel mower sure brings back memories if it wouldn’t be giving away my age. Sure does bring back memories, though. I don’t think any mower yields that “fresh cut grass” smell better than those old non-motorized mowers.

Comment

starting to build it

cut pole to slid in the discs, looks like I need to cut some 5" spacers to keep them apart. will bolt back in and see/test before I add basket on top for weight. The star blades from the aerator will be installed where the sweeper brushes were. If it doesn't fit I will leave them off

Here's a couple more pics.
          Attached Files

Comment

This may work

Have to add some weight to it, right now it is just bouncing on the ground, but at least the disc/blades are turning. If anything, at least it will knock down all the milkweed and broomstick weeds. Wonder if I should sharpen the edges with my grinder to get a better cut.
            Attached Files

Comment

Cool find, the old “one man's trash is another man's treasure” in action. Great salvage project, good luck.

Comment

nice find.. if it worked... you could have sold for $100 easy

Comment

mod: add weight

Got it about done. Figured out the weight situation. No need for Rocks I can add weights to the cage/bag arms. Can add 30~40#'s each side. Should be enough to weigh this sucker down. Now just need to test it out in the food plot.

Wish I had this built early this year where I could've knocked down and cut up some of the overgrowth by the pond where I pig hunt. cattails, or whatever it is taking over the pond area. Don't won't to mess it up for my BIL deer hunting now.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X