I have joined the CBD oil crowd - Anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have joined the CBD oil crowd - Anxiety

About 8 years ago I was put on Effexor XR becouse i began having panic attacks for no reason and it began to affect my job performance. The medicine has worked well, and really havent had a bad incident since. However it is no longer covered by my insurance and what was $7 for a month supply is now $320. My wife made me go purchase CBD oil in hopes of replacing the now non affordable medication. I will start taking it tomorrow. Has anyone had a good / bad experience from it? What should I expect? I am really weary of something that kinda claims to "cure nearly everything". It was $70 for a 2 month supply.

I personally had not heard of CBD oil until just recently so I am of no help. I hope it does the job for you. Sucks that your insurance won't cover the original drug that does help you.

Comment

Try it with an open mind, I have heard of it doing a lot of good. Very interested to see if it helps.

Comment

The only thing I am unclear on is does the trace amounts of THC show up on work related drug test results, but that may not be an issue for you

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
          The only thing I am unclear on is does the trace amounts of THC show up on work related drug test results, but that may not be an issue for you
          This is my concern. My employer put out a bulletin stating to be careful of items containing CBD oil due to this.

Off topic, it’s only a matter of time before companies get tired of spending time and money testing for THC. Then I’ll use CBD. I just don’t like the risk right now in relation to my job.

Comment

Not derailing your efforts with CBD but what about generic Effexor and/or generics for Prozac, Lexapro, Celexa, Zoloft?
            Sometimes their cash prices are very easy to swallow

Can call insurance company to ask about their preferred agents for anxiety

Good lock & following...

Comment

It should state 0% THC on the bottle. What more do you want?

Comment

Check out Goodrx.com, they have your original meds for Cheap

Comment

My aunt, mom and dad swear by it. Dad has bad arthritis and it’s helped him so well he can make a tight fist now.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Today is 4-20 pot party.
                    Fox 10 minutes ago showed a national survey that 69% want legel pot.

I was in an accident 30 years ago and CBD does nothing for the pain. Hope it works for you..................

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                      It should state 0% THC on the bottle. What more do you want?

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                      This is my concern. My employer put out a bulletin stating to be careful of items containing CBD oil due to this.

Off topic, it’s only a matter of time before companies get tired of spending time and money testing for THC. Then I’ll use CBD. I just don’t like the risk right now in relation to my job.

Just because it says 0% doesn’t mean it is. The trace amount can also show up in a field test kit that could possibly result in an arrest. Home use should be no issue. I would avoid carrying it around if possible.

Or if you live in Dallas county they won’t even prosecute weed related offenses until it’s a felony amount or fifth strike [emoji23]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

CBD oil in Texas has 0% THC whoever tells you it has trace amounts does not know anything about it, they are completely different compounds . The CBD in Texas has to come from the "Hemp Plant" not the "Marijuana Plant". Hemp does not produce Tetrahydrocannabinol THC.
                        Last edited by Ksig512; 04-20-2019, 06:52 AM.

Comment

CBD is found in hemp as well as marijuana. It is my understanding that some producers use hemp-derived CBD which would have 0 chance of having THC in it. Others derive it from marijuana but still guarantee 0% THC. I’d be more cautious with the stuff that is made from marijuana.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                            CBD oil in Texas has 0% THC whoever tells you it has trace amounts does not know anything about it, they are completely different compounds . The CBD in Texas has to come from the "Hemp Plant" not the "Marijuana Plant". Hemp does not produce Tetrahydrocannabinol THC.
                            Really? Strange that some people are busting random drug tests and being fired after using it. Recently happened at our refinery to a supervisor.

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                              Not derailing your efforts with CBD but what about generic Effexor and/or generics for Prozac, Lexapro, Celexa, Zoloft?
                              Sometimes their cash prices are very easy to swallow

Can call insurance company to ask about their preferred agents for anxiety

Good lock & following...
                              I tried the generic as well as some of the above stated. 2 sent me to the ER. My body only can handle branded Effexor unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X