Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations on most comfortable ladder stand or climbing stand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations on most comfortable ladder stand or climbing stand.

Let me preface by saying I have not hunted from a tree stand in a long time. When I got into long range shooting back in 2009, I setup hunting spots that would give me longer range shots at 300-1000 yards. I used ground/box blinds for these setups. I have made me a new hunting spot deep back in a red oak bottom on the south side of my place. The shots will be inside 70 yards. I’m needing a good/comfortable ladder stand or self climbing stand. If it’s a ladder, it needs to be more than 10-12 feet. Price doesn’t really matter. Just need it to be sturdy and comfortable.
    Any help is appreciated.

Summit viper SD for climbing. Nothing more comfortable

Comment

At my advanced age and after a bad fall from a lock-on a few years back, all my bow hunts are now from ladder stands. After owning most of the common and less expensive ladder stands like Game Winner, I’ve upped my standards for ease of assembly, safety, and comfort.
      The absolute gold standard for those priorities in a ladder stand is Family Tradition ladder stands, manufactured in Michigan. Extra large, super easy to assemble with more welded parts, and easy on your derriere for long sits. Wider but lighter weight ladder that requires less complex bracing and compared to Chinese manufactured units requiring complex assembly from 40 pieces in order to cut freight costs, it’s just so superior you’ll never go back. But you may pay 2x-4x what the Asian built ladder stands cost. Not sure it’s available taller than 12’ either.
      Last edited by Pineywoods Paul; 09-22-2019, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Ladder with a web curved type seat. Hawk, Millennium and Muddy all offer them.

Comment

I prefer the gametamer type tree stands that have a swivel seat that allows you to swivel quietly to look behind you.

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
          Ladder with a web curved type seat. Hawk, Millennium and Muddy all offer them.
          How do you shoot if a target is to your right...or left if you are left handed? My experience as a right hand shooter dictated that the deer needed to be within a 90 degree (or even less) angle from slightly to the left of front of me.

With a greased swivel chair, you can swivel quietly and slowly into position.

Comment

If you can find one Summit Vine is the most stable and comfortable ladder stand I have ever sat in I believe twenty feet to shooting rail.

Comment

Ladder= X-stand ,Gorilla any of them with hanging mesh seats.
              Climber = Summit Viper XD.
              I have a horrible back and can’t sit still more than 1hr in others.
              Can sit comfortable in these for hours.

Comment

Whatever kind of ladder stand you get, get one rated for 2 people. From. What I’ve noticed I would never actually attempt to put another person up there with me but “2 man” really means “1 man comfortably”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I appreciate all the replies. I’ve looked at the Summit Goliath, which is just a bigger version of the Viper and some of the ladders mentioned here. I’ll try to decide what I want. Ladder would be more convenient.

Comment

I have a Summit Titan. Really comfortable

Comment

Working...
                    X