Wyoming Upland hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming Upland hunting

Anyone have any local info on day hunting in Western Wyoming? I will be up there in a few weeks and would like to get a day in. Google only returns lodges that are $700 per person to day hunt. I do not have a dog and there will be two of us. I am sure there is plenty of public land but it will be a challenge without scouting and a dog.

I don't have any info but that sounds like an awesome trip. Should get into sharpies, huns, chukar, phez, pc. Such a diverse mixed bag

Comment

Kind of what I was hoping, Grouse and chukar. I am really going to fish but wanted to get a day in of upland if possible. I am missing my SD trip this year.

Comment

I would contact a biologist in the area you'll be in and ask about birds. Dusky and ruffed grouse on the national forest along the Ham's Fork. Chukar near Thermopolis.

Comment

I know we ran into a some grouse a few years ago hunting the national forest north of Kemmerer.

Comment

I left a message with the biologist.

Comment

I never got a call back from a biologist but I spoke with a few lodges in the state. Looks like Western WY is tough for upland birds.

Comment

Yep, ruffed and dusky grouse up on the NF would be about it.

Comment

I ended up giving up on the idea of bird hunting up there. Going to try a few days of trout fishing and maybe squeeze in a day or two down here of dove hunting.

Comment

Eastern Wyoming would have more upland hunting for you and good fishing nearby.
                    Trout are spawning right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X