Kid suspended for posting gun pic on snap chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    That’s just how kids talk now. Yes, They talk like idiots, but that is a completely harmless statement.

This kind of crap is getting dangerously close to thought crime.

I get your point though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with this. Hell half the titles we post in TBH live hunts could be taken out of context and seen as a threat. I’m LE and KAP offends me!!

Comment

No. We should not be shamed into silence because people are pansies.

What is with this deep seeded guilt some gun owners have?

No kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

No. We should not be shamed into silence because people are pansies.

What is with this deep seeded guilt some gun owners have?

Give me a break man.
        Last edited by BigRed323; 08-29-2019, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
          Give me a break man.

No shame here. I’m just not interested in letting everyone know what I have regardless of what it is. I guess some people just like to show off and feel the need to show the world what things they can buy with money.
          So you know he’s just trying to show people what he can buy?

Or maybe it’s his hobby and he wants to share it? Kind of like the entire reason this website exists.

Comment

Or maybe it’s his hobby and he wants to share it? Kind of like the entire reason this website exists.

We can agree to disagree, but you can’t say that an adult posting a picture of a gun on a hunting website is the same as a kid posting a picture of guns saying it’s gonna “get lit” is anywhere near the same, especially with all the false alarm/actual shootings going on right now.

Comment

Back when I was a young man, wanted say something about Burnadell but I'm drawing a .[emoji16]

Kids used to bring their guns to school in the back window of.their pickups. That's why I wanted a pickup truck to have a 3 row gun rack in the back window. Several times teachers and students would go hunting together after school. I never did get invited, I the what's that kid's name again kid. I know cause I'd hear them talking about it in class.

Comment

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold changed things.

You can’t put that toothpaste back in the tube.

Comment

We can agree to disagree, but you can’t say that an adult posting a picture of a gun on a hunting website is the same as a kid posting a picture of guns saying it’s gonna “get lit” is anywhere near the same, especially with all the false alarm/actual shootings going on right now.

I never made that comparison. I was replying to your comment about showing off money by pointing out it isn’t uncommon for people to share their hobbies on social media. Using this website as an example that it doesn’t mean they’re showing off.

What is so threatening about the phrase “get lit”. Kids use it in dang near every sentence these days. It essentially means “fun” or “going to have fun”.

Comment

The kid might've exercised less than great judgement, but he did nothing wrong. If he was mine, he, myself, and my lawyer would be in that superintendent's office first thing, the very next morning. Bunch of politically correct B S, is all that is!!

Comment

My dad always taught me to never show guns to friends and never post in social media because you don’t want people knowing what you have.

He shouldn’t of posted it to begin with.
                      I want people to know what firearms I have honestly. Who’s gonna come shoot up a house or truck or even a person when they know they’re packing heat?? I’m 22 I’ve been through and have done the social media this kid has and even post my guns and all that. It doesn’t bother me. Dead animal pictures, guns, knives, hogs in traps, coondogs, etc. I’m not about to not express my way of life because someone gets offended. If they don’t like it block me, get mad at me, or do something about it face to face. I guess I’m still young and dumb but it don’t bother me a bit. If I get killed from a bullet it’ll probably be from behind because even the clothes I wear in public anyone can tell what it represents. Stand up for the 2nd amendment. Because my generation could be in trouble in the future...

Comment

Spot on with all your posts. I remember when I was young. A day out shooting with the family was hands down my favorite thing and I'd be more excited then Christmas morning.

I refuse to be worried to say I have some guns. It's at the very root of being American in my opinion. Screw any pansies that are scared. Hope they move to the UK where their beliefs might fit in better.

Comment

Give me a break man.

No shame here. I’m just not interested in letting everyone know what I have regardless of what it is. I guess some people just like to show off and feel the need to show the world what things they can buy with money.
                          I don't know anyone that sees firearms as a sign of wealth. Are you kidding me ROFL? Never even heard or thought of that lol.

Comment

quote: "According to Urban Dictionary, an online crowd-sourced collection of slang definitions, the word “finna” is also used in place of the word “gonna,” and according to Meriam-Webster, “lit” is slang for “excited.”"

anyone else find this quote from the article funny!?
                            just so we're clear, the Q stands for question, and the A for answer...

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
                              I don't know anyone that sees firearms as a sign of wealth. Are you kidding me ROFL? Never even heard or thought of that lol.
                              In my world, firearms are a sign that you are now broke.

Comment

Without all of the context we can only make vague assumptions of the entire situation. Maybe the kid has been causing trouble, maybe a repeat offender, maybe the school got some kind of anonymous tip.
                                My thinking is that if schools flipping over rocks like this prevents even one school shooting then it’s worth the hassle. Even if it was my kid going through it, I would comply with the “investigation” and hopefully get it over with quick. Maybe then they could get back into their English class and learn some grammar.

Comment

Working...
                                X