Kid suspended for posting gun pic on snap chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess this is what it has come to.... kid gets suspended Bc he posts some guns unloaded in cases on snap chat. This was right before he left to go shoot with his MOM!! Apparently another kid at his school saw he video and turned him in as a threat. Worse part is the school won’t let him back in until they have been “investigated”... total BULL****!!!!
    "This is exactly the mechanics of the Red Flag Law, Someone filed an anonymous complaint, without the other person knowing it was being filed, but instead of him being deprived of his Second Amendment rights, he’s being deprived of his ability to go to school without due process.” — Weld County Sheriff Steve Reams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are raising a generation of snowflake, triggered, pansies.

Comment

I got an email today from my kids school. They're starting a shotgun shooting team. I guess it depends on where you live if it's acceptable or not!

Comment

wow.. just wow. simply ridiculous.

Comment

That’s Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            That’s Colorado.
            That’s the Denver DMA****

Sucks that the one city has all the pull in the entire state.

This also seems like a good example/parallel for red flag laws will be abused

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
              I got an email today from my kids school. They're starting a shotgun shooting team. I guess it depends on where you live if it's acceptable or not!
              That’s awesome; well worth encouraging a kid to try this out.

Comment

My dad always taught me to never show guns to friends and never post in social media because you don’t want people knowing what you have.

He shouldn’t of posted it to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                  That’s awesome; well worth encouraging a kid to try this out.
                  I'm trying like heck to get her to join!

Comment

Stay off social media and this was a non issue.

Comment

“Finna be lit” ????

Shoulda been suspended for that alone. Such bad English.

My kid would’ve gotten his butt chewed out. No one needs to know what kind of guns we have... or dont have.

Comment

Yeah, "Finna be lit" leaves a lot to the imagination with room to be taken the wrong way. If he had said "About to go to the range with Mom!" or something else in plain English, it would have been more clear that there was nothing to worry about. As dumb as it is, you have to be smart about what you post online.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                          My dad always taught me to never show guns to friends and never post in social media because you don’t want people knowing what you have.

He shouldn’t of posted it to begin with.

No. We should not be shamed into silence because people are pansies.

What is with this deep seeded guilt some gun owners have?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            Yeah, "Finna be lit" leaves a lot to the imagination with room to be taken the wrong way. If he had said "About to go to the range with Mom!" or something else in plain English, it would have been more clear that there was nothing to worry about. As dumb as it is, you have to be smart about what you post online.

That’s just how kids talk now. Yes, They talk like idiots, but that is a completely harmless statement.

This kind of crap is getting dangerously close to thought crime.

I get your point though.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                              I guess this is what it has come to.... kid gets suspended Bc he posts some guns unloaded in cases on snap chat. This was right before he left to go shoot with his MOM!! Apparently another kid at his school saw he video and turned him in as a threat. Worse part is the school won’t let him back in until they have been “investigated”... total BULL****!!!!
                              "This is exactly the mechanics of the Red Flag Law, Someone filed an anonymous complaint, without the other person knowing it was being filed, but instead of him being deprived of his Second Amendment rights, he’s being deprived of his ability to go to school without due process.” — Weld County Sheriff Steve Reams.

Every kiddo in America that needs extra time to study for a test should do that. Oh, wait, they'll just start doing it to skip school.

I can understand the concern, but once Dad explained the situation this should have been over and done with.

Comment

Working...
                              X